A lot of webbing

SpiderGuy814

Arachnopeon
I love spiders that do a lot of webbing, what species of spiders can I get that do a lot of webbing that arent medically significant?

Also the biggest ones too (even though I realize true spiders dont get all that big if we are comparing them to tarantulas or do they?)

I used to own Tarantulas not too many of them do much webbing.

I do want to own some black widows but I need more info on them before I just dive into that like does anyone where online I could find a list of hospitals in Boston,Massachusetts that treats widow bites or do all hospitals treat them?

Does anyone have a caresheet for widows??

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just dont pet them lol , they are cool spiders know doubt but i usally just leave them where i see them a when out in the woods , as for a good webber in the tarantula catergory C cyaneopubescens Green Bottle Blue . and i find the Encyrocratella olivacea good webber ,but kinda pricey , there are lots of good webbers in the hobby , thats forsure

SpiderGuy814

Arachnopeon
just dont pet them lol , they are cool spiders know doubt but i usally just leave them where i see them a when out in the woods , as for a good webber in the tarantula catergory C cyaneopubescens Green Bottle Blue . and i find the Encyrocratella olivacea good webber ,but kinda pricey , there are lots of good webbers in the hobby , thats forsure
lol ok

Do you know of anyone on this site that sells the widows? perferably the females since i think they are bigger and live longer?

just1moreT

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
post a add in the forsale and want to buy section i,m sure there sombody here with them, i see them offered from time to time as for male of that sp. i think they are really small compared to the female

Dante

Arachnopeon
Linothele megatheloides, nice webber true spider and very beautiful species.
As far as I know it's not medical sig.

SpiderGuy814

Arachnopeon
Linothele megatheloides, nice webber true spider and very beautiful species.
As far as I know it's not medical sig.

QUOTE]

thanks

Are these spiders active?

Did you get yours from this site?

whats the speed rate of growth?

Dante

Arachnopeon
I got 3 of 'em, they're always working on web, after that they'll sit in plain sight and wait for dinner.
Not aggressive at all and tend to flee at the first vibration; despite of that you can see it often and even in the daylight.

Medium growth rate, 1,5y from sling to mature

I don't know if it's available in US, here in europe is under 10$

edit:
they're mygalomorph, not true spider ;)

Last edited:

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantulas:
P. murinus
C. cyaneopubescens

Other mygalomorph:
Acanthogonatus pissi or francki

Also, Linothele are mygalomorphs and are related to tarantulas.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mygalomorph fangs have a straight orientation whereas Araneomorph (true spiders) have crossed fangs.

Tarantulas are mygalomorphs and basically all the spiders that resemble tarantulas like trapdoors.

Areaneomorphs are orb weavers, wolf spiders, widows, etc.

This is just a simple explanation.