a little bit bout me

scarkro

Arachnopeon
whats up people!!??!! i just recently got into this hobby less than a year ago and have been going a little full steam ahead for those who have not read my previous posts these are my spiders and sizes if anybody would like to put forth some helpful ideas i would apprreciate it greatly.

starburst horned baboon 2 1/2"
avic avic 1 1/2"
avic vers 4"( this is the one blue with pink toes? or vice versa?)
skeleton 3/4"
rose hair 4"
indian violet 1+"
salmon pink birdeater 3/4"

any info on how to care for please send to me
thanx for you help

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I'm somewhat of a newbie myself, but we have a few in common. In particular, the versicolor, G. rosea, and the Indian Violet. I've just recently acquired the Indian Violet (a bit less than 1") and I haven't had any experience with that species. The rosea is apparently hardy and will tolerate rather dry conditions. The biggest point I've gathered on the versicolor is that air circulation is very important and cage height is more important than floor space. I don't know if that helps much, but I've found that going through the archives on this site was very helpful. You can do a search for the particular T's and see what has been posted before. Good luck and keep me posted on that little Indian Violet.

Botar

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey man, what's up, welcome here (formally).

I don't know if you've been to the site yet that conceeds this forum, but it is great and has a lot of information on those species. Perhaps you should go there before asking questions. This forum was (I am assuming) designed to suppliment the website, so you should go there first, and then come back with some more specific questions.

As for the Indian Violet, I do not know anything about this species nor do I believe it is very well documented. I heard it's terrestrial and webs a lot, so you need to give it semi-deep peat. I do not know the humidity level for sure, does anyone? But as spiderlings it'll need high humidity regaurdless.

Also, come back with scientific names, as common names can be rather vauge...

Good luck on your search,
Pauly

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Paul Day
Hey Atrax:

And I am not going to help a person if they aren't willing to do some research first. This website has tons of information on most of those species, and it would be a big waste of my time (and Scott's time) to repeat such information here just because won't find it for themselves. Pauly
I can understand your viewpoint there, but just don't respond. Let those of us with copious amounts of time answer the newbie's question and point them in the right direction. This site is all about information and the success depends on people getting involved. Had my first question, which I'm sure was probably lame to more experienced hobbyists, been answered in such a manner, I would not have stayed. If the question is too trivial... pass it by. It will be snatched up by those of us in the midrange on the hobby.

Botar

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Atrax:

"And I am not going to help a person if they aren't willing to do some research first."

Then why reply at all? Why don't you just let someone who IS willing to help step up to the plate?

"it comes across like someone is unwilling to do a little research on their behalf."

Isn't someone asking questions on a bug forum, in effect, RESEARCH?

"Of course, you can disagree with that premise, but that's just how I feel."

Maybe you should think about how others feel as well. Especially folks who are new to this forum.

Atrax

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Then don't respond to the one's who are not worthy of your time. Once your site is up and running, run it as you wish. I'm anxiously awaiting that moment. If your time is so valuable, why do you expend the effort on a multi-paragraph diatribe on how the newbie should be doing his research. If Scott wants the newbie reprimanded, he'll either do it himself or change your title to "Sergeant At Arms". Let it go.

Botar

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Paul, Scott didn't delete my post, I did! You don't really need to bother bringing his name up in your arguements trying to make it sound like you have his support. Why don't you make your arguement standing on your own 2 feet instead of with your FAKE comraderie with others? Scotts a friend of mine, so imply as you will that I'm somehow disrespecting his work...he knows the truth.
Your way of doing things or seeing things does not define the standard. FOR ANYTHING! Whether it's about how people quest for knowlege, trade information, share media or give credit for it or what set-up they use for their s'lings!

Atrax

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
[B
The idea that the forum is less important then the website is nothing new...
Pauly [/B]
I would disagree on this point. As a user, not a webmaster, the forum is why I keep returning. I read the information on the website. If that was all there was to it, I'd be done and would have only returned to refresh my memory.

I also feel it is the forum that has brought you here. If the website were more important to you, you wouldn't be on the forum. You came and posted your request for pictures, but yet you return. I'm sure you were already aware of the info on the website.

I'm not familiar with the dynamics of websites, but I would feel it is somewhat similar to a business model. It's the "customers" that make it work. Without people visiting your website, you're out of business. Telling a "customer" to do his/her research prior to asking any questions, is not good business sense.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"If there was no forum, it doesn't matter. I don't need a forum."

I would agree and add that you don't do well on a forum.

"Yeah, but I'm not here for tarantula information... I'm here to research what people want..."

What we want is the peace, tranquility, and fellowship that we had a couple of weeks ago.

"I've seen some particularly great websites (better then this one) that provide a ton more interesting advice..."

Now you've gone to far. Not knowing you from before, I decided to follow Scott's advice and give you a chance. I'm done with you. Enjoy your website.

Botar

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude, it's pretty obvious that your research scheme is a croc. For one, you seem to know (or think you know) enough to correct people's advice and debate bug keeping issues with others here. You shouldn't need to research much if you already know enough to debate it. If you're researching "what people want to know about inverts" or whatever, wouldn't it make more sense to sit back and quietly observe than argue?
Point 2, How much research do you need? Didn't you learn enough from destroyi....ahem I mean researching on petbugs? Apparently you had enough info to start Arachnomedic. Did you throw all that info down the toilet?
It looks to me that the only thing you're researching is human emotion and how to pry up the worst of it.

Atrax

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Atrax

I think that's funny :)

Well, true, I really don't need any more research...
hmmmm...

You have a point there.
Why am I here anyway?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
first off, welcome Scarkro...
please don't be afraid to ask questions, it's how we learn!
I think back to my first question, which I'm sure had been posted a million times, but a few nice people took the time to answer, and to help.
To everyone else...I'm having very good sucess with the 'Ignore' feature, I would suggest we all do it ;)

dirt85

Arachnopeon
Welcome Scarkro,
You keep asking the questions and we will keep answering. Some people just need to be ignored.
Dirt

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Something called opinions...

While it's all ok you guys don't like me, keep in mind that these are my opinions. Don't take them personally. I personally don't think you understand what I mean by undermining the website, you are not webmasters.... so how can I expect you to know how I (and other webmasters) feel.

I've deleted a few of my posts here, just cause I think the original one stands on it's own. I don't think I need to explain this further.

Pauly

scarkro

Arachnopeon
um hello??? i don't quite understand what the whole crazy argument is thats going on but i hope i did not start it...i read the first couple of posts and then realized that it no longer pertained to me and was just some crazy petty argument blown way out of proportion....but i have done some research on the spiders afore mentioned if i had found significant info on them i would not have posted a post....i was just curious to see if anybody had some suggestions for me because they themselves have raised said t's and have some personal suggestions....my spiders are alive and doing well in the environment i have given them well all except the 2 blue fangs i've seen to have lost to reasons unknow and the falme knee also from reasons unknown (i think stress) but just trying to reach out to the community of collectors in hopes of finding people i can chat with about how my t's are doing ...sorry for wording things wrong..i have moved through several molts etc...just looking to chat with people about one of my fav hobbies...but im repeating myself now so im done \
bye and umm thanx i guess for keeping this thread on topic

Paul Day

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"i don't quite understand what the whole crazy argument is thats going on but i hope i did not start it...i read the first couple of posts and then realized that it no longer pertained to me and was just some crazy petty argument blown way out of proportion....but i have done some research on the spiders afore mentioned if i had found significant info on them i would not have posted a post...."

It's ok, I started the mess, and I'm not quite sure what it's all about anymore either. I can understand your concern, but you asked for "care advice", which is such a general question. It's like going to a cooking forum and asking how to cook. That is why I suggested to do more research.

Anyway, I understand your confusion, and I am sorry to mess up your post.

Pauly