A journey only for the brave

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
UPDATE

The biggest one of the sp. jalisco has molted and I have now confirmed as female!
It is now a whopping 1/2"

20220924_231336.jpg

20220924_231133.jpg

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
I've sexed some pretty small molts, but my fine motor skills would make a mess of that tiny thing. It's good to be steady handed! Congrats.
All the credit is to the actual specimen. I literally didn't have to do anything, I just had to put it on the glass slide and look into the microscope. That exuviae was PERFECT 👌

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sexed female at 1/2" ?! Wow ! That must be the tiniest I've heard of ! Congratulations ! May this young lady accompany you throughout the majority of your life :)

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Sexed female at 1/2" ?! Wow ! That must be the tiniest I've heard of ! Congratulations ! May this young lady accompany you throughout the majority of your life :)
I wasn't actually sure if I would see anything but I took a chance and here we are

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
I thought the Genus sp. locale was for...well locale. Is Blonde a place or are they using it to describe the color?
Whatever the seller wants basically. Locale, color, heck if they wanted to they could even name it after their favorite striper

Martian Man

Arachnopeon
Don't worry, my will comes with care information lol
Mine too! I have a binder full of the research that I’ve done on the ones that I have. But I’ll probably have to fin someone from a Fb group to take them. When this started, it was a few Ts that my son and his gf would think about. Well, we’ll be at 37 in a a few hours. And I can’t expect him to take them now because his gf is scared of them.

UPDATE

Another bad news: Unfortunately, another one of the slings had died because of a bad molt. Molted out fine but I noticed that its exoskeleton never hardened. For the whole time after its molt it stayed looking like it was freshly molted for 2 weeks before inevitably dying. Very bummed out. That leaves me with 3 out of the original 5
I am so sorry. Do you have any idea why the exoskeleton wouldn’t harden?

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Mine too! I have a binder full of the research that I’ve done on the ones that I have. But I’ll probably have to fin someone from a Fb group to take them. When this started, it was a few Ts that my son and his gf would think about. Well, we’ll be at 37 in a a few hours. And I can’t expect him to take them now because his gf is scared of them.

I am so sorry. Do you have any idea why the exoskeleton wouldn’t harden?
Asked around, no seems to have any clue what causes it.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
UPDATE

Another one has molted! Also a confirmed female! The exuvium is about the same size

20220929_225328.jpg

20220929_225726.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
It's just a matter of ranking them, I guess
I wasn't implying that there are a few stupid ideas, just ideas in general. I'm guessing you mean the main idea, A. sp. jalisco? Did you lose another one? That would suck.

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
I wasn't implying that there are a few stupid ideas, just ideas in general. I'm guessing you mean the main idea, A. sp. jalisco? Did you lose another one? That would suck.
No lol they're all fine. Just haven't eaten or molted in months. No progress in growth whatsoever lol I'm starting to believe that they'll reach adulthood in my 50s