a hypothetical question ?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi could you keep a ( T ) NOT A DIGGING ONE on paper e.g. kitchen roll with a hide and water dish in its tank would the ( t ) be ok on it ? thanks --- PHIL

GrofKjans

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why would you want to do that?
But regarding your Q, I think that a T will be OK even whitout the paper:)

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I've seen plenty of T's kept on paper towels in a local pet store. Even burrowing species. I'm sure they can live in these conditions just fine. Is it a good substatute for their natural environment? Most animals are able to adapt to the environment enough to survive. Will they thrive though?

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't think I could even bring myself to try and find out. It seems kind of cruel to the T.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Arboreal: yes
Terrestial: not that much
Obligate burrower : forget it!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd be concerned about mold when using paper products to keep any but the dryest condition t's. Personally, i try to put more effort than that into designing a home for an animal that it will occupy for years. If it's a younger specimen still growing fast then i say it's ok as long as it likes dry conditions and is arboreal. (Is there such a beast?)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I suppose that'd be okay, but like etown said I'd jus be worried about mold and it might get smelly. Plus you'd have to change it often. If your up for it though, go ahead. :)