A hop, Skip, and jump with Psalmopeous ;)

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, VS, this one's for you..

After going pretty much all up and down my arms, this fella stopped for a nice picture on my fingers for me.

Bill

Attachments

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Ah, ,is that irminia? I love their colors, man. They feel so light too. Keep it up ;)

-V

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow

DUde I love My irminia. How big is yours. I have never handle mine. how do you do it?

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: Wow

Originally posted by nemesis6sic6
DUde I love My irminia. How big is yours. I have never handle mine. how do you do it?
I reccomend looking at Vayu_son's 'walk with Psalmopeous' threads... Do a search for 'walk with' in this forum, and both of them should pop up.. The going opinion between he and I is that these are not quite the demons they are made out to be. They are incredibly fast, without a doubt, buy like my other T's, I've found them to slow down a bit once they get on my skin (The P. murinus excepted). When I feel the urge to bring this one out to handle, I go at it just like I would with a pinktoe. I nudge it from behind with the paintbrush, and let it go crazy running on my bed for a few moments, then place my hand about a foot in front of it, and nudge it onto my hand. Voila. Usually once it's there it seems to like to run up my arms a bit, but I've still never seen a single threat from this specimen (or any other's of this genus that I keep, for that matter)

Bill

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
cool

I might just try that. My Irminia has never shown me a threat display either and I always have an urge to hold her because she's so beautiful yeah.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
wow great pics! I have a little Irminia that i think may be a tad bit bigger than yours. I agree that they arent aggressive, mine has never shown any aggression whatsoever, its just fast as lighting. I would hold mine but i fear with the room that they are in being so messy that if it did bolt and get under something it would take forever to find her.

Keep th epics comin, thats my fav thing about the boards is seeing pics of other peoples T's. I see mine everyday, and i have 10 right now. So seeing pics of other peoples T's is really cool.

peace

TheDon

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I read somewhere that their bite is supposed to be pretty bad, but have yet to read any bad bite reports on Psalmopoeus, atleast nothing like a Poke. Anyone know?

Jim B.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I havent heard anything bad about Psalmopoeus bites being bad. They are new world T's also and I dont think I have read about any new worlders having too bad of venom. But then again since i havent seen anything I cant be 100% sure.

peace

TheDon

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Originally posted by Palespider
I read somewhere that their bite is supposed to be pretty bad, but have yet to read any bad bite reports on Psalmopoeus, atleast nothing like a Poke. Anyone know?

Jim B.
There is one report in the forum from a Psalmopeous sp. bite. I don't recall the report being severe. The whole 'they are supposed to be bad' is due mostly I believe to the physiological similarities between Poecilotheria spp. and them. That doesn't mean their venom is the same.

Bill

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Irminia's are great. I handle mine all the time. They grow really quick, also. Mine grew from 2" to about 4.5 -5" (just molted again) in about 3 months or so. The only time I get a threat and a nasty attitude is right, and I mean RIGHT after a molt. When they know they are really fragile. I tried to get the molt out of their and she would have none of it. I got it of course, but I wasn't liked afterward. Besides that, you just have to be calm with knowing they will be all over the place. They're awesome spiders and a lot of fun, just know they're almost always gonna go up or around. hehe.

marcus