A.Hentzi w/ Egg sack Questions...

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ON the normal day, I wouldnt suspect that anything was different with my Female A.Hentzi, But the last couple days I've been rather baffled by her actions. It seems that She's Dug a "pit" in her tank that is rather more bowl shaped than anything that I'm used to seeing, and then last night she webbed the whole thing up...THEN this morning, I noticed (right before the normal feeding frenzy started with the rest of my T's...) that She's been pretty aggressive towards anything that moved in the general direction of her...SO by enticing her with a couple crickets, Here's What I've found....She's Layed a sack!:D NOW my question would be How long do the Aph's Take before they hatch outa the sack, and secondly....Besides moving her to the dark confines of my wife's closet (she's going to shoot me when they hatch {D ) Is there anything else that I should do?? Here's a couple pix just for referance...

Crickets are the KEY!!!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can remove the sack after the 30 day mark. She'll do fine until then. After you pull the sack, you can open it and you should see eggs with leggs. Put the sack and all in a small container with no substate and a damp paper towel. They will molt again and then look like very small T's. This is when you should separate them and start feeding them pin head crickets. You can keep feeding her while she is on the sack, hentzi are very good mothers in that aspect. Other T's, you have to be careful when feeding while they are on their sack. Good luck and start looking for a bunch of those little 2 or 3 ounce deli cups. Hentzi can give you 2 to 7 or 8 hundreds slings. Congrats.