A. Hentzi price?

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not sure exactly if this is the right place to ask this, but i was wondering what an average "dealer" price would be for 2nd instar A. hentzi's? I have a sack and was wondering what i can get for the slings...

~Samuel

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea, that is sort of what i was thinking.
Are you saying that is an price for just one or two? Or for a hole lot, like 50

~Samuel

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thats just what i have seen them for... anywhere from 4 to 6 dollars.

at least on the classifieds here.... i can get them for a dollar or less though.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, i think if sold in bigger groups they might move faster then one sling at a time....

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thats just what i have seen them for... anywhere from 4 to 6 dollars.

at least on the classifieds here.... i can get them for a dollar or less though.
BOB! you can get them for free lol
DUH

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea i was planning on selling them in one or two big lots, and the a few just one or two at a time. I have an offer of $3 each for 50 of them, and i was more looking to get $4-$5, and wanted to know what you all thought.

~Samuel

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yea i was planning on selling them in one or two big lots, and the a few just one or two at a time. I have an offer of $3 each for 50 of them, and i was more looking to get $4-$5, and wanted to know what you all thought.

~Samuel
To be perfectly honest, i think you would have more luck tradign them off for other species. I wouldnt give the price of overnight shipping for 10 of the slings. Dont get me wrong i love them to death. and they would be awesome pets too. I think they would be as good a beinner T as any and better than most.
However. seeing where i live and its just a short (Texas short not Rhode Island short) drive to where they are virtually packed ... But such a common species to me i would expect to get 10 of them for say a 30 dollar expenditure. so really i woulndt buy any to have shipped unless it was a big quanity.
I suggest you contact a few dealers and offer them for 3 bucks each in lots of 50 and 2 bucks for 100+ lots. and keep a few (you have to decide what a few is lol ) for trades and retail sales and have the dealers tell you what they will retail them for and do NOT undercut them.

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea it would not be very fair to sell them to a big guy, and then undercharge him....
About half are 1 instar now! So i'll be taking preorders now. $6 each or $4 each if you buy more then 10. Priority or express shipping for $7 or $22.
Non refundable deposit of 50% with the rest due right before shipping...
My 100% positive feedback is in my sig...
~Samuel

CustomNature

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Seems a little steep to me at $3ea to a dealer/destributor, especially if they're buying in quantity. I don't think any of the big names would drop $150 for fifty spiders being that they're a native species. I'm just saying, you might ended up getting stuck with alot more Browns than you originally planned. :?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Seems a little steep to me at $3ea to a dealer/destributor, especially if they're buying in quantity. I don't think any of the big names would drop $150 for fifty spiders being that they're a native species. I'm just saying, you might ended up getting stuck with alot more Browns than you originally planned. :?
if they were A. moderatums ...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i definitely count these as lowest rung species, pricewise

not to say the species is lowest rung... it is just that in the USA the pricing motivators just aren't there to drive up the price.

basically what you got workign "against" you is

common USA species
a number of sacks have popped semi-recently, semi-saturating the market
LONG time to grow up
almost obligate burrowers in captivity (definitely in nature)

my pricing would go something like:
$3/
$25/10
$40/20
$1.50/ @>=30

one thing you can try is to go to dealers and ask for like 50% more than that scheme... BUT in "store credit". a dealer that is guaranteed you are going to spend the "money" they gave you at their place is usually more inclined to go a little higher in price, like

CustomNature

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree. If someone, especially a dealer, is willing to take a chunk of them off your hands, I'd sell for closer to $1 each. That's just me though. I have alot of spiders and I couldn't justify taking care of hundreds of hentzi slings. If it were any of the more popular species, I'd suggest sticking to your guns because the would Eventually sell. These guys on the other hands..... that's a gamble.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree. If someone, especially a dealer, is willing to take a chunk of them off your hands, I'd sell for closer to $1 each. That's just me though. I have alot of spiders and I couldn't justify taking care of hundreds of hentzi slings. If it were any of the more popular species, I'd suggest sticking to your guns because the would Eventually sell. These guys on the other hands..... that's a gamble.
@OP
though, if you keep the price constant *eventually* the spiders will grow into the price, and they will sell... if you see what i mean? like, 2i's for $3-4 would be a somewhat hard sell... but yearling 4-5i's for $3-4 would be a much much easier sell

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i would have no problem getting rid of 20 big sacs of hentzi slings lol
just place them back where mom and dad came from lol

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK guys i'll see how it goes... worst comes to worst i can get a buck each for them. I wanted to breed something quite cheap to start since if i killed the sack it would not be a big loss, but from now on i'll go with my pokies and such...

~Samuel

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Try posting on reptile boards. Whenever you have trouble selling to the "bug people" try the reptile crowd since they are not as familiar with these animals as we are. What may seem common to us is a little more rare to them. Also may get you a higher price.