A Great BIG T Challenge!!!!!

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Who has THE BIGGEST T here?????? Not me, that's for sure. Let's have a challenge to see who's got the biggest! Pic's for proof. Winner gets much kudos and bragging rights! C'mon my fellow arachnonutz - bring out your guns and show who's boss. Good luck everyone. =D :} :D ;)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you need to define "biggest". What method do you want to use to measure the tarantulas. Leg span, measuring diagonal or along one side.....or carapace and thorax length and width. Or do you want to consider the biggest Tarantula as the one that weighs the most???

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
All categories, why not....

Originally posted by Buspirone
I think you need to define "biggest". What method do you want to use to measure the tarantulas. Leg span, measuring diagonal or along one side.....or carapace and thorax length and width. Or do you want to consider the biggest Tarantula as the one that weighs the most???
Let' see what everybody has in any measure of bigness.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Its not me,
My largest T is a 6" N. vulpinus

Dangit Ernie! I'm trying to keep my list of spiders to get to a minimum. How in the heck am I supposed to do that when you post an awesome picture like that!

;P

Jon

Tim R.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow!! I have never seen that species before...that is awesome.

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Maybe not the biggest, but a beauty!

Yo, MrT-

Sweet vulpi, I like. What's the common name for that - never seen or heard before. :}

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: Maybe not the biggest, but a beauty!

Originally posted by D-Man
Yo, MrT-

Sweet vulpi, I like. What's the common name for that - never seen or heard before. :}
D-Man,
Its called Brazil Giant Blonde...
It loves to eat and grows quickly.
I've read somewhere it grows to 9"..
One of my faves..;)

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think Invertepet has a 12" or so T.blondi, which is the biggest I've heard of and seen one the forum. Awesome mouse video by the way.

Mark

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Our biggest leg-span wise is Tamara's "Big Mama Pokie" (P.regalis). We have no measure, but it has got to be about 6-7"

Our heaviest is "Fluffy," my larger A.seemanii. She may very well be approaching 6" and is quite heavy-bodied. At least she was the last time I saw her -- she has quite a burrow now and I haven't seen her in a while.

Cheers,
Dave

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
The biggest I have is an 8 inchish H. gigas.

And though you've heard it before Ernie, that is a truly amazing T you have there. Gorgeous.

Bill

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
My largest T is half the size of Mr. T's @3.5 inches, G. Rosea~:0)
Yours is pretty by the way:)

Last edited:

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A few of my big gals:

Krishna -- Poecilotheria regalis F, 7.5"+ :

Shiva -- Poecilotheria ornata F, pushing 8" :

and the Big Momma herself, Natasha -- Theraphosa blondi F, 10.5" :

What do I win? hehe.......

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I got a female L. parahybana which is the largest I've ever seen of her species. Measures a little over 9.5 inches (I suppose, but she's a little smaller than my hand and my hand has an 11 inch span on ruler) and she weighs enough to stretch a high quality t-shirt (it was one of my fav Old Navy Ts). It took me fifteen minutes to weasel the pic down to a small enough size to even post it and it's only scanned at 200dpi just to give you an idea.

adios,
edw. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
So far.....

Safety and XO are the top 2....can anyone beat that blondi??? Nice pic's guys! Maybe if you get a pic holding them we can have a better visual on the size ;) :D ....

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want to see some pics with rulers/scale.

-Garrick, who has tons of tarantulas, but no really large ones. I guess a 7 1/2" L. parahybana and a 7"+ something P. regalis are sorta big, but I'm sure there are some with MONSTERS on here.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
on my avatar

on my avatar is my 8" female haplopelma schmidti

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I missed this thread, so here is our big girl. I hope you can tell how big she is in this pic. Ron is pretty sure she would go 11.5 inches. :) Pam

Attachments

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pamandron said:
I missed this thread, so here is our big girl. I hope you can tell how big she is in this pic. Ron is pretty sure she would go 11.5 inches. :) Pam
It would be a world record holder I think if it was.