A good night walk

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
IMG_3862.JPG IMG_3869.JPG IMG_3868.JPG IMG_3863.JPG IMG_3856.JPG IMG_3717.JPG IMG_3715.JPG Just finished a 5 hour night walk around one of our rainforests. I would class it as successful in terms of wildlife, I encountered 5 leaftail gekos (my highlight I love these things) several different millipedes, crickets, roaches, a few frogs, a nice scrub python, little centipedes by the bucket full, a velvet worm, lots of huntsmans, a net casting spider, a striped possum (that i couldn't resist patting) and a crazy harvestman (that I had to jar to get some pics) - thought I would share some pics (going to have to buy a camera my phone just isn't cutting it)

Attachments

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
Literally 20min drive from home Far North Queensland in the mountains behind cairns I won't go into exact specifics because I think the geckos get the crap poached out of them as it is.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey thanks for the pics, I haven't been out taking pics in a long time, maybe it's time to do that again.

Camman1983

Arachnosquire
IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3935.JPG IMG_3933.JPG IMG_3911.JPG IMG_3903.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3896.JPG IMG_3897.JPG Another walk - found some glow worms this time (considerably more boring to observe then I would have imagined)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Now I want to got to Australia! Awesome finds! Wish I could get my hands on some of those specimens (invertebrate wise)!

Thanks

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Now I want to got to Australia!
And learn the Australian wave? Where the midges and mossies are measured in tons per square hectare? Recalling my cousins kid taking me on a midnight ramble in the Daintree and wondering how many pints of blood I was donating per hour. Encountering a palm like organism with spikes that easily penetrated engineer boot leather and Vibram soles. Or the great joy of the bush, discovering a little late your makeshift gunny shrub has a green ant nest.
Loved Oz. But I prefer it in pictures from several thousand miles.