A gimpy little fellow

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got my half of a T. gigas eggsac recently and among the slings I recieved I found one that was missing a leg, a pedipalp, and two of it's other legs are partially regenerated.

here's a picture of the little guy...

He gets around alright, though not nearly as well or as fast as his sacmates and he's smaller then they are as well, so I do wonder about the chances of this little guy making it. I've already decided I'll be holding on to him since I wouldn't feel right sending someone a sling in the condition he's in.

Is there maybe anything special I should be doing for him as far as care? or do you think he'd do fine in a regular set up?

ametan

Arachnoknight
Poor guy. Wonder if the others attacked him or...? I wouldn't think he'd need anything special as far as set-up. Might need maimed or killed feeders longer than the rest, though, until he heals.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had a small P. irminia come to me like that.. Though it was only missing 1leg & a palp.. Had one leg regenerated...

I set it up just like I would any sling.. It is doing great now.. :)

Im sure yours will be fine as well...

Tang

Arachnopeon
poor little spidey.....

I got a n.chromatus LS 1cm missing a leg too.after a molt, it grows back but seem a little shorter than others.pretty sure it'll fully recover after a few more molts. Was very worried that time coz its so small.

Yours should be alright too..:)

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, thanks guys. I'll just set him up regularly and offer pre-kill over live. Hopefully he does alright, I've already grown pretty attatched to the little fellow. Turns out he wasn't the only one, I found 3 others that were each missing a leg.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
with them being such speedy lil guys, maybe it was trying to escape and got squished unknowingly in the lid? One of mine is bound and determined to escape, always afraid it's going to catch a leg in the lid.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
with them being such speedy lil guys, maybe it was trying to escape and got squished unknowingly in the lid? One of mine is bound and determined to escape, always afraid it's going to catch a leg in the lid.
I'm not really sure, he came to me this way. I'm not really concerned about what happened, you know, there's not changing the fact he's missing some limbs, all I'm worried about now is that he survives until he can molt and regenerate those lost legs.

Some good news:

I rehoused Gimpy into a new container since I decided to keep him and out of all of the spiders I've rehoused today he gave me the most trouble. He ran down the vial onto my hand and he wouldn't get off no matter what I did. LOL. I eventually had to call my mom into the room to give me a hand and we fought the little hell raiser into his new enclosure. {D

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I got some good news! I started worrying less and less about this guy dying on me, he was the first to eat, tackling flightless fruit flies like a champ and the first one to figure out the scavanging game!!! And well...

Last night he molted!!! I'm so freaking happy! :D He now has all of his apendages, it looks like the two small legs are fully regenerated and the leg and palp he was missing are partially regenerated now! :)