A. gigas help

ranchulas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im new to millipedes and was wondering what the best set-up is for A.gigas. Also how many could I keep in a 10 gal. tank?

REAL

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im new to millipedes and was wondering what the best set-up is for A.gigas. Also how many could I keep in a 10 gal. tank?
Tank should be 2x as long as the biggest pede and 1x as wide. Floor space more important. Get hardwood leaves. Use the search function about leaves if u dont know. In a 10 gallon it depends on size but prob 2?

You should definately search, I'm pretty sure this subject has been brought up many times. Later!

keqwow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
20 x 10 inch 10 gallon?

I was going back and forth between a 10 gallon (20" x 10") for $10, or a 15 gallon (24" x 12") floor space for $30. I was hoping to keep at least 3 GAM.....I haven't seen too much on it, but it sounds like I might be pushing it if I want to try to keep 3 in a 10 gallon tank.......any other opinions others might have would be greatly appreciated.....

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I currently keep 3 millies in a 10"x20" tank. I wouldn't keep any more than that though. When they aren't active it doesn't matter, but when they are all up 4 or more millies would look rather cramped.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wondering what the best set-up is for A. gigas.
Deep, burrowable substrate (coco fiber, peat, or mix)
Plenty of hidey-holes (mine enjoy an artificial log)
Hardwood leaves / branches (oak is preferred, maple should be fine as well)
Fruit and veggies for food
Water dish (kinda hard to drown an adult in most waterdishes, so no pebbles are necessary unless you have babies)
Protein supplement (fish flakes, hermit crab pellets, or the very occasional F/T pinky mouse)

Keep it extra humid and moderately warm, and they should be in myriapod heaven. :D