A.geniculata

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Here is my geniculata it is 1/4" and the pic is blurry, i zoomed in tooo much! Anyway! Enjoy!

James

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like hes in good health, nice pik( Besides the blurry part ;) )

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by hampton
looks like hes in good health, nice pik( Besides the blurry part ;) )
yeah! its tough to find him some food his size! Thanks again=D =D

James:)

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You would probably be surprised about the size of prey they can take down.

As my rule of thumb I try and keep the prey smaller than the carapace and abdomen (imagine the spider with no legs and thats what it would be size-wise)

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey chris

Originally posted by Chris
You would probably be surprised about the size of prey they can take down.

As my rule of thumb I try and keep the prey smaller than the carapace and abdomen (imagine the spider with no legs and thats what it would be size-wise)
so do you think a small medium sized cricket with no hindlegs! my small tiny geniculata can eat it? Thanks,

James

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The only benefit to removing the hind legs is that it cant jump anymore to get away... I imagine they cant put up as much of a struggle either.

(when they are larger crix you remove the legs for small lizards because they are sharp and can hurt them)

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When I am really stuck I just smash a full size cricket and drop it in... I let the spiderling pig out all night then I remove the remains in the morning.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

thanks! but my geniculata really doesnt seem interested in the cricket i gave her dead, anything else I can feed it? Thanks,

James

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm glad to see you finally got an A. genicullata. Just wait until it starts eating. You might want to get something to stabilize your jaw, because I'm sure that it will drop once you witness the raw hunger of this spider!

Jon

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
For my smaller slings I squish the head of a small cricket (about 1/4 of an inch). The crix still wiggle around and the slings all eat them readily. Now that my C. cyaneopubescens has reached 3/4" she's eating live crickets.....what a vicious little thing she is! No mercy at all...

Leanne

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would move it to slightly larger quarters. Perhaps a baby-food jar or deli cup. Once a spiderling's leg span reaches 1/2 way across the size of its current container it is time to upsize. That's right in the TKG for those who are wondering if i just made that up or not lol.

Mark

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

I moved her into a larger vile, with more space. I will try feeding her tonight or sometime this afternoon! I will keep you guys posted! Thanks,

James