A.Geniculata

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Do a.Geniculata's have hooks on their front legs to help me decide if my 4 incher is a male or female? Im pretty sure shes a female but i wanna make sure, anything else i can do?

Thanks,

Mark

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mark,
One of my A. geniculata's matured recently and he definately had tibial spurs. They were different than the ones on the mature P. murinus I had as they went more to the side than to the back of the leg. The bulbs on the 2 smaller appendiges were very pronounced as well.
Four inches seems a bit small for a mature male. Mine topped out at 7 inches, but I guess its possible.
Ralph

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Not at 4", except for some unusual growth stunting. Acanthoscurria all have spurs, but geniculata males tend to be around 6" to 7" at maturity. At 4", you're going to need to go by other indicators, and then you still won't be sure until you get that moult which clinches it.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Oh no i didnt mean to confuse you guys is it not even close to done growing it is in the process i was just wondering because if he indeed is a male i can send him off before he gets to full size, id be too scared to try get a spider of that size into packaging!

Mark