A. geniculata setup advice

cold blood

Staff member
yes, that's N. coloratovillsus.

They don't get as big...6" range, but have every bit the same type of appetite. Many specimens are insanely flicky....way more than other Nhandu IME...but a great species to own none-the-less.

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
yes, that's N. coloratovillsus.

They don't get as big...6" range, but have every bit the same type of appetite. Many specimens are insanely flicky....way more than other Nhandu IME...but a great species to own none-the-less.
Looks like a consensus is forming and I think I have to agree. Looks like the seller confused similar @#%%$ common names. I do think I've got a great new T, though. :D Now to research coloratovillus care requirements...

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yep, 100% N. coloratovillosus. That's in my top five favorite species for sure, you'll love it! As has been said, keep identical to a geniculata. These are very bitey little things, so watch out for that.

I'm glad it's going to a good home. Get it off those wood chips!

For comparison's sake, my N. coloratovillosus:

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
Wood chips are good as gone. Thanks for the ID help! (everyone) I'll post new picks after the (careful) re-house. Can't wait to post post-molt pics as well and see what we come up with for gender!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd be pretty surprised if it turns out to be male. Even as juvies, this species is usually quite leggy as males. Not nearly as stocky as the picture you posted.

8legfreak

Arachnosquire
The guy said the pet store:vomit: ASSURED him it was a female. But he also thought he had a "Brazilian White Knee".:meh: Fingers are crossed.