A.geniculata rehousing...

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
I'm thinking my genic could do with a rehouse, it put on some nice size with its last molt...

I was also showing this spider to someone and they commented that it looked a bit cramped in it's current setup which got me thinking, what do you guys think?

Attachments

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
It would be ok in there. It's not hurting anything.
It will look good with a little more space, though.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
It wouldn't hurt to have a bit more space but it's not an issue. Maybe have some changes in level, a plant or something just to break it up a bit

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
It's a little big for that enclosure IMO, but I've seen much worse. Not an emergency by any means.

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I think that enclosure size is fine for one or two more molts with that specimen. But then again that's just my preferences.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I also agree. Doesn't look cramped at all, but a little more space certainly wouldn't hurt

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Rehouse if you want but it'd be absolutely fine in there until after its next moult. Bear in mind that most people think tarantulas need way more space than they actually do.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Rehouse if you want but it'd be absolutely fine in there until after its next moult. Bear in mind that most people think tarantulas need way more space than they actually do.
But it's nice to see them wandering. But agree, for the 90% of the time they don't need too much space.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm thinking my genic could do with a rehouse, it put on some nice size with its last molt...

I was also showing this spider to someone and they commented that it looked a bit cramped in it's current setup which got me thinking, what do you guys think?
would you like to live in something that small :rolleyes:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I’d give her another cork at least. It doesn’t look like she can fit under there. If she can disregard my comment.

Baby T

Arachnoknight
Yeah she can fit, I didn't want to go massive with the hide I no they prefer tighter areas to hide. here a picture of her in her new enclosure
Think the better hide was the most important change there

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I'd double the floor space and add texture. Leaves, moss patches, some small sticks or cork pieces.

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
I'd double the floor space and add texture. Leaves, moss patches, some small sticks or cork pieces.
The new enclosure is 14" x 8" x 6"....I thought that would be plenty big for it at this stage, I mean considering some on here recommend large exo terra breeder boxes for adult females and they aren't much bigger than what it's in now.