A. geniculata molt issue

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She's about 3in, and just molted a couple days ago. The top portion of her old opisthosoma is still stuck to her. I've considered getting the tweezers out and pulling it off, but I'm a little terrified that she'll rupture if I do. Anyone have experience with this? I'm apt to just leave it be. Is there any harm in just letting her have a little extra back skin?

MrEMojo

Arachnosquire
I would try a small amount of water dripped onto the remaining molt. First try to gently rub off the molt before thinking of using more aggressive methods.

Jupiterxo

Arachnopeon
Personally I would just leave it alone for now. I don't think that there i any harm being done and if it was me, i'd be too scared to harm it :confused:

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
A wet q-tip and lightly brushing the opisthosoma should pull it off. I just did this for my B. smithi sling on his past molt. If you have a steady hand, press just gently enough for the q-tip to make contact while letting your T pull past. Hopefully it will peel off.

xStainD

Arachnopeon
I would just let it come off naturally. I'm sure this happens pretty often in the wild where there are no humans to give them a helping hand.