A. Geniculata molt, Before-After

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
beautiful spider and beautiful pics man!!!

there's been a ton of really really good molting pics as of recent!

how much length did it get? (did you measure?) I can pretty much surmise from the pics, but you can still never be totally sure, you know.

looking mighty fine :)

peace man
later
dave

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ahh.. i never really measured this spider, its extremely jumpy and hardly ever out of its burrow, but id say.. half an inch? the abdomen got extremely smaller.. so it looks almost the same size as before, just ALOT sexyer:D

Ian

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are a good looking T.Mine are about a molt behind yours.Now at least I can see what I'm in for.I'm off tomorrow to grab a Brazilian Black&Grey(B.coloratovilosum).A lot like the A.geniculata but bigger and the bandings are a little bigger also.Both make great display T's as adults.Have fun with yours.Great T's!...peace..

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
ah genics...my favorite species...

just wait until she gets bigger—prepare yourself for amazement every time she moults! you're gonna wonder how in the heck such a huge beauty was able to contain itself in such a small exuvia. it kind of reminds me of trying to stuff myself back into the jeans i wore in hgh school!

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ian,

How big was she when you got her, and how long did it take her to reach this size? The specks I purchased in Jan. are growing sooo sssslllllooooooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy!!! I'm still waiting for color and am very jealous!:D

Kelly O

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Nemesis
Ian,

How big was she when you got her, and how long did it take her to reach this size? The specks I purchased in Jan. are growing sooo sssslllllooooooooooowwwwwlllllyyyyyy!!! I'm still waiting for color and am very jealous!:D

Kelly O
Ever consider powerfeed?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by lam
Ever consider powerfeed?
Indeed.
You might laugh but I've doubled my C fimbriatus' size to almost 4 inches in just over a month (it has moulted twice in thattime)

My B albopilosum is also very responsive to Powerfeeding methods, moulting once a month and increasing a good 30% in overall bulk and size each time

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Har Har. And just where would you get these radioactive crickets? Also, can radioactive mealworms be substituted?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Olan
Har Har. And just where would you get these radioactive crickets? Also, can radioactive mealworms be substituted?
The Radioactive Cricket Store of course :rolleyes: ;)

Power is just feeding the spider as much as it will eat - ie once, twice or thrice daily instead of once every few days/week like a lot of people do.
Personally I stop when the spider starts looking what I'd call "fat"

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh. Thats something I might try. Thanks for clearing that up.

-Olan