A.geniculata growth

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found Rakitu, my A.genic sling, on his back and all-a-twitch this morning and I thought, “Bingo – just in time for a molt!” Then I saw the exuvium about 3/4” on the other side of him, and bingo! Turns out I was just in time to miss the molt ...! He was just flexing his forelegs before that final flip (which I also missed while scrambling to find my camcorder ...) –

Here’s a portrait of the new and improved Rakitu with his former selves …

Kreatz

Arachnopeon
nice one , i want to do that but evrytime i see my tarantula exuvium its almost destroyed :8o

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
haha. i also got the exuvium of my geniculata sling... maybe im gona pic them also if i have the time. i got maybe three exuviums. Really nice T. quite aggressive, fast grower and a good eater.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice one , i want to do that but evrytime i see my tarantula exuvium its almost destroyed :8o
:D Hey, don't let THAT stop you! Here's a similar shot of Honeybee, my GBB - notice that 1st little exuvium? That's all there was left when Honeybee got through with it ...

Just remember, the Venus de Milo is minus her arms, the Victory of Samothrace is missing her head, so even if a Tarantula exuvium is missing a leg or 7, it can still be a work of art! :D

Spiderdan24

Arachnopeon
Beautiful :) am waiting on my gbb to molt i cant wait
Hopefully will bring out its adult colours.

web eviction

Arachnolord
I found Rakitu, my A.genic sling, on his back and all-a-twitch this morning and I thought, “Bingo – just in time for a molt!” Then I saw the exuvium about 3/4” on the other side of him, and bingo! Turns out I was just in time to miss the molt ...! He was just flexing his forelegs before that final flip (which I also missed while scrambling to find my camcorder ...) –

Here’s a portrait of the new and improved Rakitu with his former selves …
Nice pic! I have an A. Geniculata but its smaller then the smallest molt in your pic lol can't wait till mine as big as yours!

DannyReed

Arachnopeon
Nice pic! I have an A. Geniculata but its smaller then the smallest molt in your pic lol can't wait till mine as big as yours!
Hey there peeps, I see that this post is quite old but still hope you guys would still be able to help me, i'm quite a newbie to this whole thing. I live is south africa and I have a b.smiti and an a.geniculata, and a curly hair spiderling, all three are about half a centimetre (6mm) could I use the same tipe of tank setup for all three of them when they get bigger? and also I see that you guys say the a.geniculata grows faster than the rest, but wich one of the other 2 grows the slowest?

Thank beforehand....
:biggrin:

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. geniculata like it a bit more humid, so except for that one keeping 1/4 or 1/2 of the tanks substrate moist, I'd say yes to your question.

poisoned

Arachnodemon
Growth rate:
1. A. geniculata
2. B. albopilosum
3. B. smithi