a. geniculata Gender

PapaRoach

Arachnopeon
I was supposed to buy a 5.5" A. Genic and was indicated as Female. There was a pic sent to me regarding the vental view of the T. The ventral is not clear but if my eyes are not decieving me then is the T wearing gloves. Kindly enlighten me, I am very eager to buy it if it is a confirmed Female. Hoping for your most thankful help. Good Day!

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hello man. I don't know, maybe it's late (for me I mean, and here in Italy) and I have red eyes :) maybe it's the pic quality, or the flash, or the shadow, or what else involving my eyesight of the moment but those looks like 'boxing gloves' here to me.

Of course I could be wrong so wait for others opinion.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Um... yeah, that's a mature male. Absolutely no doubts. I'd call this guy out on being a bold faced liar or just an idiot. Either way, if you want a female, move on.

Larissagz

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry this is off topic but I'm new here and need to post a forum concerning my scorpion. How do I do that?

PapaRoach

Arachnopeon
That's very disappointing because it was such a cheap deal and the owner was really convinced that it was a fem. Guess i'll be back to T hunting again in the market. Thanks guys, i almost had it purchased today.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Its a male but it might identify as a female. Dont misgender it you cis-scum!

Please kill me.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Um... yeah, that's a mature male. Absolutely no doubts. I'd call this guy out on being a bold faced liar or just an idiot. Either way, if you want a female, move on.

If you're buying tarantulas, you need to be able to recognize an adult male. If you own tarantulas, you need to know when males mature. This should be part of everyone's initial research for the hobby.