A geniculata: food timid

LV-426

Arachnobaron
when i got my A. genic last year Nov it was the size of a dime. it was very agressive when it came too eating. it recently molted last month (around 4 inches), and it does not seem as food agressive as it was before. it used to jump on crickets right when they hit the ground. now it kinda shys away from them. though it still feeds some of the crickets look partialy eaten. i wonder whats goin on in its head

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probably just a phase its going through. A. genics are notorious for their eating habits. You could try holding off feeding for 2 weeks or so than feed. Unless it has a small abdomen I would not worry too much.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
its abdomen is small, like post molt small. i gave it crickets today(hasnt eaten one yet) but i will take your advice and not feed it for a couple weeks

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
its abdomen is small, like post molt small. i gave it crickets today(hasnt eaten one yet) but i will take your advice and not feed it for a couple weeks
Make sure there is water around during the diet.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
As long as the water dish is filled and the abdomen not scrawny, I wouldn't worry.

If you think it's shying away a lot from food even after the molt you could try a prekilled meal.

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
wow i also bought my 2cm geniculata sling last november. it had grown into 3inches now. yours is 4inches??? amazing...im still waiting for it to molt. Mine still had its aggressive character but im only feeding it once in two weeks with adult roach so it may just be hungry. Since yours had just molted, try feeding it a week after or so... it may still be stress out from the molt. Always make sure there is water though.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
yeah its close to or at 4in, i forgot the exact time it molted. its eating but its not as agressive as before. i had to redo the the enclosure due to ants gettin into it. maybe the molt and redo kinda threw it off cause it as has been acting this way since then