A. geniculata burrow?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I come home from work today and check on my babies, and I find a surprise. My 3" A. geniculata has gone into its hide and sealed the entrance! I have barely seen it even use the hide before, so this is very unusual. I've yet to read anything that said they do this. Any ideas? It's bald spot wasn't dark, so I am not expecting a molt...

2bears

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It will be fine, seen mine do this from time to time and had no problems.
2Bears

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is it possible that too much activity /noise caused it? I had my S. smithi, B. vagans, A. Avic, and A. geniculata all on a shelf on the wall between my living room and kitchen. I just now moved all but the Avic into the guest room until I get a nice bookcase for the office to keep them in. I like having them where they can be seen and away from light, but not if they all burrow (which they have). They are now in between 2 windows that don't get direct sun, and always have the blinds closed. It's the warmest room in the house as I have room darkening curtains over all the other windows.Maybe a little natural light will be good to give them a better idea of time of day?