A genic problem

VrIgHtEr

Arachnopeon
I have an adult male A. Genic. His last molt was earlier this year. My problem is that he's not eating anything, his abdomen is shockingly small and he seems quite weak all bunched up (not a death pose just his legs do seem a bit close to him and he moves really slowly)

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Well typically MMs don't live all that long past a year, so he may be on his way out :(

VrIgHtEr

Arachnopeon
i don't know exactly how old he is. i bought him in january 2009 and he had a legspan of 2.5 to 3 inches at the time

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you mean a year after becoming an adult?

Right, once a spider molts into a sexually mature male, his sole purpose is to breed and he usually won't live very long. Are you sure he is an adult male? Pics would help.

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If his abdomen is really small, it sounds like he is already mature, so I would say he might be on his way out. Good luck!

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Right, once a spider molts into a sexually mature male, his sole purpose is to breed and he usually won't live very long. Are you sure he is an adult male? Pics would help.
Agreed! he wont live much longer bud! sorry, its natures way!

HAGAR

Arachnosquire
HEY BUD

SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY G. pulchripes ABOUT AN MONTH AGO.

LIKE SPIDERWORLD SAID, THAT IS NATURES WAY.

NOT THAT I LIKE IT.:(

GOOD LUCK.

Cbarr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Some mm never eat after their ultimate molt, just offer it some prekilled, leave it overnight and make sure he has access to plenty of water!

GL

C