A. genic passed away

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
well as some of you may know my T had dyskinetic syndrome as some people call it. she had it for about 4 days total and I thought it was going away at about the 2nd day. the symptoms were: jerking legs up and down really fast, after a while her legs were stuck up against her abdomen. This is my first T death and it really struck me pretty hard.:(

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well as some of you may know my T had dyskinetic syndrome as some people call it. she had it for about 4 days total and I thought it was going away at about the 2nd day. the symptoms were: jerking legs up and down really fast, after a while her legs were stuck up against her abdomen. This is my first T death and it really struck me pretty hard.:(
I'm sorry to hear that. I know how it feels when a T dies on you, I had one die on my a couple years back. It brings a sense of failure doesn't it? Don't worry better luck will come to you. Do you know why she died, or was it just another random death?

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya i definitely feel like I let her down. This is definitely a experience to learn from. It was dyskinetic syndrome, I guess its like the mad cow for crickets. word of advice, don't give your crickets moldy, old, or anything that looks weird because it is like giving your T that stuff too. I kept my crickets relatively clean but discovered a little mold a few days before the symptoms started. this was after she had been feeding on them.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ya i definitely feel like I let her down. This is definitely a experience to learn from. It was dyskinetic syndrome, I guess its like the mad cow for crickets. word of advice, don't give your crickets moldy, old, or anything that looks weird because it is like giving your T that stuff too. I kept my crickets relatively clean but discovered a little mold a few days before the symptoms started. this was after she had been feeding on them.

It's ok, we live and learn. Oh ya I know, it's how it is for every predator and prey relationship, the food consumed by the prey will directly affect the predator. Keep your healthy crickets.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've never had one die, but i could emagine that it leaves that empty feeling in the pit of your stomach, huh? maybe even the heart. :(

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yep it kinda takes it out of you in a way. I'll learn from my mistakes on this one.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i hope your genic enjoyed a long and happy existence before it went to spider heaven where it rains crickets.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yes she did, she was one of my 'prized' T's, I am content in knowing that she lived well. in T heaven its an all you can eat cricket mealworm and mouse buffet, she'll fit right in:)

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bad luck and you do feel the lost when one dies on you i still remember when my old b- albopilosum a ( male ) went to - t - heaven i did think about give them up but i soon got over it and that was about 9yrs ago :( £££ phil

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
dude that sucks man even tho im new in the T hobby and i havent had my Ts THAT long it suck if one died sorry man.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanx for the heads up. I'll pay the $ 0.75 for cricket food ! No more moldy oranges or potatoes. They rot so fast it's hard to keep up !

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya as long as you keep on top of what you feed the crickets and check on the feeders every day, i think you could feed oranges and apples etc. Thanks for your condolences. I think I am going to try my hand at another A. genic. I will never make this mistake again.