A. genic or GBB breeding/pairing

OhMyV3nom

Arachnopeon
What is the easiest species to breed between A. genic and GBB? Planning to breed someday so I'm getting ready to buy slings to raise for that breeding project. Also, can you include the number of eggs/EWL per sac of each species and how long before they lay an egg sac. Thank you!

Ps. I am living with my auntie and she doesn't want a lot of Ts there. She said that a pair is enough because she is so afraid of these exotic pets.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Check below links:

cold blood

Staff member
GBB is one if the more complicated species to breed....an absolutely terrible idea to start out breeding them.

How long it takes to drop a sac isnt some known consistent number....it varies greatly.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Judging from your question, it seems as if you have a lot to learn about tarantulas and not a lot of experience. That's fine, welcome to the hobby. So you can't keep a lot of tarantulas, but you want to breed them...which if successful would mean you then have hundreds, I'm confused? Why do you want to breed those species? Both species are well established in the hobby, it wouldn't make sense to buy a group of slings the same age and try to breed them together (and they would likely be siblings). I would suggest buy a group of slings now, and then another group, two years or so down the road...or buy a sexed male when one of your females matures. In the meantime you would be gaining experience caring for the species you chose.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I've heard about GBB eating the sacs and A genic are prone to going wild with hair kicking. I'm about to try breeding T vagans for my first pairing, but I've heard versicolor are pretty easy. If you're comfortable with old worlds, I have been told the grumpier spiders are often easier to breed, baboons in particular.

OhMyV3nom

Arachnopeon
Judging from your question, it seems as if you have a lot to learn about tarantulas and not a lot of experience. That's fine, welcome to the hobby. So you can't keep a lot of tarantulas, but you want to breed them...which if successful would mean you then have hundreds, I'm confused? Why do you want to breed those species? Both species are well established in the hobby, it wouldn't make sense to buy a group of slings the same age and try to breed them together (and they would likely be siblings). I would suggest buy a group of slings now, and then another group, two years or so down the road...or buy a sexed male when one of your females matures. In the meantime you would be gaining experience caring for the species you chose.
Well as of now, it is impossible for me to breed since I am living with my aunt and as you said, I still need to gain experience. I also said that I have plans to breed someday. As far as I know, they take a year or so to be fully mature. I think that's plenty or maybe enough time for me to gain experience and I think I might be able to transfer to another house/apartment by the time they mature, who knows right? So I think it's not a bad idea to plan for future breeding project that I want to experience as a keeper. So based on your opinion, I'm thinking of buying 4 slings. Maybe it has a good chance of having a female. But what can you suggest for me to breed? I like both but I only want to try one.

GBB, not a good first breeder
How about genic sir?

I've heard about GBB eating the sacs and A genic are prone to going wild with hair kicking. I'm about to try breeding T vagans for my first pairing, but I've heard versicolor are pretty easy. If you're comfortable with old worlds, I have been told the grumpier spiders are often easier to breed, baboons in particular.
Yes that's what I thought too based on my research. I've also read that M.balfouri are one of those baboons that are easy to breed since most of the female are very chill when mating. But I am not a fan of arboreal and tarantulas that loves to stay on their burrows and webbings.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If she doesn't want lots of tarantulas in the house then I don't think she'll be impressed with the prospect of 1000+ genic slings.

OhMyV3nom

Arachnopeon
If she doesn't want lots of tarantulas in the house then I don't think she'll be impressed with the prospect of 1000+ genic slings.
Wow so a genic can produce that much slings? That's crazy. Anyway, I am just temporarily living with my aunt. If I knew I was gonna live with her for a long time, I wouldn't have any plans for breeding.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
As far as I know, they take a year or so to be fully mature. I think that's plenty or maybe enough time for me to gain experience and I think I might be able to transfer to another house/apartment by the time they mature, who knows right?
That is absolutely nowhere near enough time nor experience to be prepared for any breeding or caring for 100's of slings at once.