A. genic breeding tips

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As I'm going to attempt breeding A. geniculatas, I decided that it was time to purchase The Tarantula Keeper's Guide. Well, the thing is a little bit old and the authors admited that they were sure that the information reguarding successful breeding would be outdated sometime.

So my question is: How to get the spiders in the mood?

I've had the male for about a week. I have him in a ten gallon terrarium, filled with peatmoss. He has a water dish and a couple of hides. His terrarium is situated right next to the females terrarium. She has taken to pacing her home, but he hasn't so much as beated a single palp or started a sperm web. Barring some cheap malt liquor and some Barry White, is there something that I should be doing, environamentally, to get him in the mood?

Thanks,

Jon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Im attemptin to breed these spider's also. My male never realy drummed to much either. Although his abdomin twiched in a funny way when he was in the presence of the female. My female on the other hand was drumming here feet like crazy within minutes of the males tank being placed next to hers. Breeding took along time also, after the male aproached her sevral times, he just kinda rubbed her legs and kept backing off. Finaly after a couple of nights of this i decided to let them stay together over night. In the morning i woke up and found the male on the opposite side of the cage. I seperated him and he built a sperm web about 5 days later. I'm gonna attempt it again in a couple of days. Good luck , let us know how it goes.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Interesting. So you actually introduced the male to the female before he built a sperm web? Does anyone else do this. I'd be curious to know.

Jon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Interesting. So you actually introduced the male to the female before he built a sperm web? Does anyone else do this. I'd be curious to know
Sorry i forgot to say he had already built a sperm web before i put then toghether also.