A.genic and L. para

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
I have a Acanthoscurria geniculata 1" , and a Lasiodora parahybana 1.5". I have them in a side by side setup from tarantulahomes.com and I swear all I have is legs in a tank!! I never get to see them ! When will they start staying out in the open?

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When they get bigger! :p

My A. brocklehursti has never taken to a hide.. I have had her since she was a wee bit.. She is 3" maybe 3.5".. Stays out in the open..

Never have had an LP sling before.. I have had larger LPs.. My current is a 7.5" female.. She will hide sometimes.. But not often.. Stay right at the mouth of her den.. Slightest viberation.. BAM! She is gone..

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no idea about the genic, but i am surprised your LP is acting like that. my sling is half the size and is ALWAYS out (and hungry!). like tommy said i would just attribute it to sling behavour it will grow out of once it is bigger.

seezilla

Arachnopeon
I have a funny LP who doesn't eat much. IDK maybe it's scared of the tongs?? Nice enclosures tho. :D

MadTitan

Arachnopeon
When my L.p hit 6" I couldn't get it to dig anymore or use a hide. And I kinda like a T to dig.

kc7wdg

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have one that has a burrow and one that doesn't and just sits in the open. Both are from the same sac.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I have one that has a burrow and one that doesn't and just sits in the open. Both are from the same sac.

That's funny.
I've got 4, all from the same eggsac and it's 50/50.
2 have burrows, 2 stay in the open.
The ones that have the burrows I dont bother unless feeding (and do they eat!) the other 2 are handled every once and a blue moon...and are both suprisingly less tempted to attack live food, which is strange. They do, but with the "wild" ones its an instant attack.

:confused::rolleyes: