A. Genic acting strange!!

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I walked in to my room and checked on all my various critters and saw that my geniculata was jerking all her limbs up and down really fast and then flipping over, I thought it might be dehydration,also every time I open her cage she does this, its like a feeble threat display, its really strange. I have never had this happen to me, I put her in a smaller container and gave her some water and nothing else, someone help me and give some advice.

Last edited:

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
come on you guys I really need some advice here, the life of my T depends on it.:wall:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Possibly dyskinetic syndrome? I would recommend moving the spider away from the rest of your collection, I'll see if I can find some links for you on the syndrome. Or another option that seems to produce symptoms like that are pesticide poisoning or contact with some other toxic chemical, have you sprayed anything in the vicinity recently?

Links:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=17135&highlight=dyskinetic
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=54390&highlight=dyskinetic

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! That is exactly what my T has, the sites say that it could kill but also the T's could get through it with the right ICU, How would I set up the perfect ICU? all I have right now as I said before is a small container which I mist.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A good ICU setup would be a sterile container, slight damp clean paper towel to use in place of substrate and a small, clean water dish. Put it in a dark corner of a room or a closet and check on it just once or twice a day for degrading or improving symptoms. Do not check or disturb the T in any way more than twice a day. If your T is small, the water dish is not necessary but for a larger T, I would put it in.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my girl is about 3.75 inches, I will put in a water dish, she is hanging on, its been a day and a half and I hope she will make it through all right, thanks for your help.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Btw, LSD and some other psychoactive drugs are connected with dyskinetic symptoms. Just in case you are into that sort of thing, don't do it around spiders.

Hope it gets better.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no man I don't do that stuff but I'll make sure that sort of thing can't happen;)