A few quick questions about some T's and which to buy

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Ok im wondering how fast the Indian Ornamental and the Indian VIolet Grow? And I am only buying 1! although I would like to buy more. All the prices are Canadian. And how fast do French Guyana Skeleton's grow thnx

Indian Ornamental (Poecilotheria Regalis) 3/4" $45

Thailand Tiger (Cyriopagopus Paganus) 3-4” $20

Indian Violet (Chilobrachys Fimbriatus) 1/2 " $45

Metallic Pink Toe (Avicularia Metallica) 1/2" $40

Cameroon Red Baboon (Hysterocrates Gigas) 4” $50

*added* French Guyana Skeleton (Ephebopus Murinus) 1/2" $30

So people tell me which you would buy if it were up to you I would really like some votes on this. You can even list them from 1 - 5. Thnx

TheDon

Last edited:

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Man honestly I would go for the P. regalis or the C. fimbriatus. I know they are a fave of mine and I want them both pretty bad. Kinda like a nice tall glass of Kool Aid in summer with lots of Ice. Cools you down for a while but you know youre gonna get more.

:p

dale

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would go for the C. fimbriatus, the P.regalis, then either the A. metallica, or the E. murinus. The fimbriatus is a small species whereas the regalis will get large. Growth for both of these is fairly quick. Good luck choosing.

Andy

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C fimbriatus is a small species that will grow very quickly if you feed them plenty. Big-time webbers too, very defensive but I have held mine before :)
They are really really beautiful

Can't comment on the Thai Tigers growth rate, but I can tell you most people are calling it Haplopelma sp. "longipedum" these days, I believe it's still awaiting *official* reclassification though.
My 5" female has been in threat pose for something like 3 hours thismorning after I dared to fill her water bowl...
Not a very pretty spider, infact it's damn ugly, but they have balls like spacehoppers.

I don't have any first-hand experience of the others :)

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Thnx for the replies. Sounds like its either the Indian Violet or Indian Ornamental. Now I just have to wait for the guy to get back to me to tell me which ones he still has in stock

peace

TheDon

WYSIWYG

SpiderLoco
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
Thnx for the replies. Sounds like its either the Indian Violet or Indian Ornamental. Now I just have to wait for the guy to get back to me to tell me which ones he still has in stock

peace

TheDon
I think I would take the Indian violet over the ornamental if they are the same price. Not that long ago, the fimbriatus was MUCH more expensive than the regalis and I imagine it's still pricier these days. Though I am still thinking in American dollars, it looks ike the fimbriatus might have a nice price while the regalis is probably overpriced for a sling that size.

Wysi