a few questions

nikesh

Arachnopeon
hi, ive had my emp scorps for about 3 weeks or so now... i just bought a heat mat today however the tank is gettin really really condensated...now i know this is a sign that the inside is nice and humid buts its so condensated that i can stick my hand in the tank and write my name on it...i knt even see my little friends unless i take the top off....

should it be this condensated...?

and the guy at the pet store was really crap he dint give me any advice on how to look after them or give me any equipment to check the temp...

What kind of instrument do i need to keep an eye on the humidy and temp etc..

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if you are really worried that there is too much condensation, you can always leave a vented spot on top of the tank. That will allow for some air flow and an escape to the extra moisture

you can get a hygrometer to check the humidity, or you can do a 'hand test'. As long as the sub is moist to the touch everything is okay.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldnt bother checking the humidity with a guage. If the substrate is moist then its humid enough. A little condensation wont hurt. If you think its too much you can always increase ventilation