A few questions..

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I know about the addiction... I have raised a few over the years and then got out of the hobby. A few weeks ago I decided to get back into it and bought a couple. Then a couple more..... then a couple more.... Now I'm up to 7 or 8... yikes... Good luck!

darkness_falls8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recommend L.Parahybana, it was my second T. They're very pretty, mine is ALWAYS in the open, doesn't web much, only when feeding, the care for this species is pretty simple aswell. But, this isn't a good species for you if you plan on handling it. I got a 5" female in december, she molted a few months ago and hit the 7"+ mark, they grow fast.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Haha, I don't even have a T yet and I'm already addicted..I'm on this forum 24/7..a lot of times even in the chat room :D Thanks again..If anyone has msn and would like to chat and give me some pointers, add Johnisriot@hotmail.com
its good to see your enthusiasm for this hobby and as you are still young thats good thing i find myself disillusioned with it over the last few months and not enjoying it as i did and the fact that certain members allways attack my post and try and make it look like i am a idiot yet they do not know me so why pick on some one like me ? i think i will be disposing of my - t. s. - soon and lets hope no one gets the same hard time that i have had !!! -- phil

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome to the hobby and the boards John. I'm sure no matter what T you choose for your first, you will love it, but might I suggest B. albopilosum? Easy on the wallet, docile, and look better IMO than G. rosea.

And don't mind phil, he's just upset because people here are growing weary of his nonsensical replies and complete lack of grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and any sort of coherent sentence structure.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
It's a little harsh to dispose of your tarantulas because you feel that people are not appreciating you here, Phil. There are good reasons for the comments we make, Phil.

This is the sort of behavior that people comment on.

We really don't know you, phil, apart from your posts. Like I have PM'd you about... we only get to know you from your postings, and you comments (including your signature line). And your posts are not coherant, rarely on topic, and are often aggressive (and yes, I mean that in the correct sense). THAT's all we know about you. Also, when you have asked us why we behave like this, you get a coherant set of answers, and you then get angry.