A few questions if anyone has the answers?

caique

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone my red knee is has settled in........... I think.

It has blocked itself inside is hide like covered all entrances with soil.

It hasn't come out since Friday

I've been checking every night to see if it has come out.

Any suggestions?!

Is it coming into a moult?

Should I be worried?

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Dont worry about it. If its a sling: all slings are secretive by nature and will most of the time burrow, or seal themselves in by erecting "dirt curtains". Its absolutely natural, it is usually a sure sign of a molt, or it just needs some privacy in any case it knows what its doing just leave it alone and it will be just fine :)

caique

Arachnopeon
Cool thanks for the reply,

Yeah it's a sling

What about feeding though?

if it's blocked itself in how will i go about feeding it?

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
They are nocturnal. Just throw in a prey item and it will disappear...unless the spider is molting.

--Dan

webbedone

Arachnobaron
If it sealed itself it is probably getting ready to molt so it will not require food, if it just craves privacy and sealed itself for that reason, just toss a cricket in there and see if its eaten in 24 hours if its not than remove it and try again in couple of days. If the cricket is still there than you will probably need to wait for the sling to come out to feed it. Anyway give it its privacy and just check once a day.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Yeah it's perfectly normal. For some reason everytime i've ever bought a T from like, a big chain store they always molt within a month...

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You could leave a pre-killed cricket outside it's hide overnight. That way there's no danger of your T being injured if it is actually molting.

Good luck.

Upjohn252

Arachnopeon
T's in Hiding

My T's have dug a burrow and sealed themselves off as well. Even though Im tempted, I have to give them their privacy, no lady wants to be disturbed while she's changing her clothes (molting).:}

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Totally fine

it knows what its doing

leave it alone

its probably going to molt