a few pics...

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
V. spinigerus sharing the same retreat...

P. trans 4th instar

C. sculpturatus

H. cyaneus

S. mesaensis

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some cool looking scorps there. Excuse my ignorance, but what genus is this one...S. mesaensis? Thats a very nice looking scorpion, love the uniform sandy colour.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Some cool looking scorps there. Excuse my ignorance, but what genus is this one...S. mesaensis? Thats a very nice looking scorpion, love the uniform sandy colour.
Smeringurus mesaensis aka the Dune scorpion.. They range from California to Arizona

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Smeringurus mesaensis aka the Dune scorpion.. They range from California to Arizona
That name rings a bell...thanks. Couldnt remember it. Very cool looking scorpion, love the uniform desert colours.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That name rings a bell...thanks. Couldnt remember it. Very cool looking scorpion, love the uniform desert colours.
Mark,

that particular specimen is from california, but the ones that come from AZ are so pale and lacking in color, ghost scorpions I've heard old people call them, hahah...

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice S. mesa! I have a AZ one its my fav scorp. Can u post a pic of its enclosure?
Cool pics

xVOWx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a S mesaensis for awile (died during premolt I beleive :( ), it was neat when I actually got to see it but most of the time it just stayed in it's burrow, it ate maybe once every 2 months or so, but it was absolutely vicious when disturbed too much, it would go into a threat display with the end of its body and metasoma arched so far forward that you would expect it to flip over {D, and it would run around the enclosure like that for about a minute then run into it's burrow. Been thinking about getting another one lately.

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it ate maybe once every 2 months or so, but it was absolutely vicious when disturbed too much, it would go into a threat display with the end of its body and metasoma arched so far forward that you would expect it to flip over
What like this lady from AZ do you mean..;)

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
here's an old enclosure pic of the S. mesaensis....and some burrow shots...

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what kind of substrate are you using bro? One I use wouldn't hold like that unless I use bentonite.

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
what kind of substrate are you using bro? One I use wouldn't hold like that unless I use bentonite.
Arizona dirt mixed with some repti sand...but mostly straight up dirt...