A few of my tarantulas . . .

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tonight: Avicularia metallica

Note, most of what's out of focus is due to motion blur . . . Asterisk is quite fidgety. Pics courtesy of Lori.

HIGH FIVE!!

Lori eventually rescued me so I could put her back in the tank. :p

I'll update tomorrow with another species.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So apparently it's quite challenging to photograph my Ephebopus rufescens through the side of the tank while it's feeding . . .

This is one of my newest arrivals. It burrowed right where I wanted to within a day of rehousing. :D It's also one of the most polite "defensive" Ts I've ever come across -- it was very slow-motion and matter-of-fact when it flared at me. :p

Kinda looks like the fang is going right into the roach's eye here . . . :eek:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Gorgeous A. metallica! I can't wait for mine to grow up

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Tonight, my tiny Aphonopelma moderatum . . . I fell in love with these guys on an observational trip to West Texas in 2008. My previous sling died during a heat wave last summer. :(

It's eating an equally tiny cricket.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks! I named her that after seeing how she hung out on the wall of the tank, whereupon the current owner (my fiancee) promptly declared that Asterisk now belonged to me. :D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was going to post this picture that I took a few days ago of my B. smithi tonight:

But then I came home from work today and saw this:

And now I have this:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! Did she give you any warning she was going to molt? Web mats and such? I have a few new Ts that I think may be in premolt but not sure.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The warning was FATTY-FATTY-FAT-PANTS!!!! as seen in the first pic combined with being able to see the new arrangement of urticating hairs through the old exo.

You can faintly see a web mat in some of the pics but it wasn't obvious to the naked eye.