Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

A few of my tarantulas . . .

Discussion in 'Tarantula Pictures' started by Mr. Mordax, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Advertisement
    Tonight: Avicularia metallica

Note, most of what's out of focus is due to motion blur . . . Asterisk is quite fidgety. Pics courtesy of Lori.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HIGH FIVE!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lori eventually rescued me so I could put her back in the tank. :p

I'll update tomorrow with another species.

2. Mattyb

Mattyb Arachnoking Old Timer

Nice pics. its beautiful.

3. So apparently it's quite challenging to photograph my Ephebopus rufescens through the side of the tank while it's feeding . . .

This is one of my newest arrivals. It burrowed right where I wanted to within a day of rehousing. :D It's also one of the most polite "defensive" Ts I've ever come across -- it was very slow-motion and matter-of-fact when it flared at me. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kinda looks like the fang is going right into the roach's eye here . . . :eek:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Gorgeous A. metallica! I can't wait for mine to grow up

5. Tonight, my tiny Aphonopelma moderatum . . . I fell in love with these guys on an observational trip to West Texas in 2008. My previous sling died during a heat wave last summer. :(

It's eating an equally tiny cricket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Jilly1337

Jilly1337 Arachnoknight

Great pics!! I love the name Asterisk!!

7. Thanks! I named her that after seeing how she hung out on the wall of the tank, whereupon the current owner (my fiancee) promptly declared that Asterisk now belonged to me. :D

8. I was going to post this picture that I took a few days ago of my B. smithi tonight:
    [​IMG]

But then I came home from work today and saw this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now I have this:
    [​IMG]

9. jbm150

jbm150 Arachnoprince

Nice! Did she give you any warning she was going to molt? Web mats and such? I have a few new Ts that I think may be in premolt but not sure.

10. The warning was FATTY-FATTY-FAT-PANTS!!!! as seen in the first pic combined with being able to see the new arrangement of urticating hairs through the old exo.

You can faintly see a web mat in some of the pics but it wasn't obvious to the naked eye.

11. Abby

Abby Arachnoknight

Beautiful babies! :D

12. Dinho

Dinho Arachnosquire

Nice T's :)

13. Shrike

Shrike Arachnoprince Old Timer

Nice looking Avic!

14. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Arachnobaron

Congratulations on your smithi molt! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.