The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

basin79

ArachnoGod
Payden anyone? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h_yTlM3--z_sgbpqOFIew

The number of Dark Den subscribers shows the difference editing makes.
I really like Tom Moran too. Most others just seem to be shaky cameras or questionable advice.

I've thought about starting my own channel, but I really don't have the time to do it properly and I'd need to massively increase my collection.
Nonsense. I don't bother about editing unless it's literally cutting out something stupid. Record a vid on my phone. Upload it to youtube. I have a few pets but not loads.

I upload for me firstly (a digital copy on YouTube) and secondly to show off my beautiful pets.

I've managed to get over 800 subs with my terrible videos. Go for it.

ETHER

Arachnopeon
Payden anyone? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h_yTlM3--z_sgbpqOFIew

The number of Dark Den subscribers shows the difference editing makes.
I really like Tom Moran too. Most others just seem to be shaky cameras or questionable advice.

I've thought about starting my own channel, but I really don't have the time to do it properly and I'd need to massively increase my collection.
EDITING IS SOOOO IMPORTANT.... as an audio engineer and my GF being a Video engineer, I lose it on audio levels and she loses it over the transitions... we BOTH can watch The Dark Den with no issues, except that he doesn't upload everday haha.

ETHER

Arachnopeon
Nonsense. I don't bother about editing unless it's literally cutting out something stupid. Record a vid on my phone. Upload it to youtube. I have a few pets but not loads.

I upload for me firstly (a digital copy on YouTube) and secondly to show off my beautiful pets.

I've managed to get over 800 subs with my terrible videos. Go for it.
man, if you do it for you more power to you, you can only get better with experience. Reminds me alot of my music. Doing it for you is probably one of the most important reasons to do anything, so I can respect that.

basin79

ArachnoGod
man, if you do it for you more power to you, you can only get better with experience. Reminds me alot of my music. Doing it for you is probably one of the most important reasons to do anything, so I can respect that.
Also it's phenomenal to get comments like, "I don't usually like spiders but....", or "centipedes scare me but she's beautiful".

Whilst I don't know a massive amount I've also answered questions and given advice out.

I know my videos are "raw" but I'm not fussed. It's my pets I'm showing off not my audio/visual skills.

Demonclaws

Arachnosquire
Every bits like editing or click bait thumb nails will help you grow your channel, but I think the most important factor is still character and why I think Petko is successful. RobC is also another example of interesting character, and his videos are not really well edited. To be honest, the tarantula community isn't too big compared to other pets. When it comes of large audiences which don't know too much about the animal, it is the presenters' reactions that tell the story. Brian Barczyk who produces reptile videos is another example I can think of.

Many other youtubers (@Tomoran , @EulersK ) on Arachnoboards have present quality content for tarantula information, but non-hobbyists do not find it entertaining to watch.

I typically go for feeding videos because I don't have enough spiders to feed myself. I like Jon3800, Exotics Lair, and TarantulaAddicts to name a few. They always have commentary instead of loud music:troll:.

ETHER

Arachnopeon
Every bits like editing or click bait thumb nails will help you grow your channel, but I think the most important factor is still character and why I think Petko is successful. RobC is also another example of interesting character, and his videos are not really well edited. To be honest, the tarantula community isn't too big compared to other pets. When it comes of large audiences which don't know too much about the animal, it is the presenters' reactions that tell the story. Brian Barczyk who produces reptile videos is another example I can think of.

Many other youtubers (@Tomoran , @EulersK ) on Arachnoboards have present quality content for tarantula information, but non-hobbyists do not find it entertaining to watch.

I typically go for feeding videos because I don't have enough spiders to feed myself. I like Jon3800, Exotics Lair, and TarantulaAddicts to name a few. They always have commentary instead of loud music:troll:.
yea, I totally agree, Character plays a huge role when doing Videos (totally the reason I shy away from making my own vids lol). & IMHO I would have to say this is exactly why Petko is 10/10 as he has all of the important qualities you need to push this hobby to a much larger audience, hence why he has exploded with subscribers in such a short time period.

I always find toms dogs or kids funny. as I think I said before, I can really appreciate how to the point he is and genuine as well. Me and my lady def enjoy his vids. Will have to check out Eulers :)

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I myself run a new tarantula channel.. I've been editing breeding videos for weeks lol check it out if you want

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
There is something about your videos that's quite a bit different from other youtubers, like Petko. Yours are shorter, so editing is less important -- you feed one animal and watch it for a bit, then you're finished. Your videos are also very personable because of how you talk to the animals in your care, and I think people enjoy that. They are short and raw, yes, but they're also simple and to the point with personality.

Longer videos with multiple animals (or many), require a bit more care and finesse, I think.

basin79

ArachnoGod
There is something about your videos that's quite a bit different from other youtubers, like Petko. Yours are shorter, so editing is less important -- you feed one animal and watch it for a bit, then you're finished. Your videos are also very personable because of how you talk to the animals in your care, and I think people enjoy that. They are short and raw, yes, but they're also simple and to the point with personality.

Longer videos with multiple animals (or many), require a bit more care and finesse, I think.
Aye. I prefer watching shorter feeding videos myself so keep mine short.

But longer videos definitely require more editing.

Thank you for the compliments.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I will check it out. What is the channel name?
Skittle Bunny is my channel name, I used to be an arcade channel but started focusing on arachnids not long ago. I don't have many videos yet but I have footage to edit and ideas for the future. I'm insecure I suppose, check it out if you want but it's a start to what I hope will turn out to be a decent channel like those mentioned in this thread

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Skittle Bunny is my channel name, I used to be an arcade channel but started focusing on arachnids not long ago. I don't have many videos yet but I have footage to edit and ideas for the future. I'm insecure I suppose, check it out if you want but it's a start to what I hope will turn out to be a decent channel like those mentioned in this thread
Ok cool I will check it out later. I have done a few videos as well. They aren't anything special, learning on the fly.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I have a few videos up (link to my channel is in my sig), but I'm only proud of the two most recent. My channel is mainly focused on centipedes, but I'm getting a few scorps soon, as well as some Ts.

FinnMosin

Arachnopeon
When it comes of large audiences which don't know too much about the animal, it is the presenters' reactions that tell the story. Brian Barczyk who produces reptile videos is another example I can think of.
Brian Barczyk is a complete fool. He does not know much at all. And misrepresents anything that isn't a large python or a corn snake. And I won't even start on his venomous snake "knowledge/experience". He is an utter joke with seasoned snake veterans.