The OFFICIAL YouTube thread for tarantula care and husbandry channels

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I actually do dig her channel. I may not agree with how she has some of her animals set up, however they are healthy, thriving and breeding. So if it works for her, it works. She is informative about certain things.
See I used to like her content but lately the editing has been wacked! I haven't watched any of her vids in awhile.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
See I used to like her content but lately the editing has been wacked! I haven't watched any of her vids in awhile.
That's mainly that zilla sponsorship. Now she has to have more of a mainstream appeal because they're paying the bills

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
I haven't posted any tarantula videos myself... but I've watched some Jon3800 videos before :astonished: Good reference though! I've been needing more T youtube channels to watch.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
So I was on YouTube and I ran into @14pokies channel. So I figured I'd create a thread where we can all share each others tarantula, invert and reptile channels.

I haven't used my channel in years, but lately I have started to post more and more videos of my tarantulas and other inverts. On YouTube my channel is xthegrimm1x.

Let's see those channels
We have like 5 of these already. :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
I really like Instagram. It's annoying having to edit vids down to a minute though. And it bugs me that if you select multiple pics they get the zoomed in treatment.

TarantulaCollective

the_tarantula_collective
The dark den by @petkokc is very entertaining;)
I enjoy this channel as well. I subscribed a few months ago and appreciate he uploads twice a week with new content. I find it very interesting to see how someone in eastern Europe obtains and maintains tarantulas compared to how I do it in the states. I get a lot of great ideas from watching his channel. Wry innovated and entertaining....if you like the "do it yourself" thing.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I enjoy this channel as well. I subscribed a few months ago and appreciate he uploads twice a week with new content. I find it very interesting to see how someone in eastern Europe obtains and maintains tarantulas compared to how I do it in the states. I get a lot of great ideas from watching his channel. Wry innovated and entertaining....if you like the "do it yourself" thing.
I do like the dark den. I get jealous when he visits friends and they have so many species I can't get my hands on here

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
I feel you. I also think it is interesting that species we have common access to he doesn't have in his collection.
This is true. Species that are common in North America are expensive and rare there, but they're talking about P.Pulchers and Tapnichinaeus sp carribean diamonds like they're giving them away as freebies daily

ETHER

Arachnopeon
A few of my favorite Youtube uploaders of the hobby.

Please share yours as well :)

The Dark Den = best over all considering EDITING is actually done, I sometimes want to message the youtube people offering to edit their videos haha so I can really appreciate Petko's attention to that aspect not to mention how informative and entertaining he is. I legit pronounce species names in his accent and I cant shake it now either lol...

Tom Moran = amazing vids, entertaining & informative. The amount he uploads is my favorite thing as well. def one of my favorites, just wish that intro songs volume would come down a bit O_O
The variety of his videos are also really fun to watch while still being really informative.

Tarantulaguy1976 = Rob.c just seems to be so passionate which translates so well, and theres just a realness about him that I really appreciate. learned alot from his vids, and its so awesome to see how excited he gets about the hobby as I am the same way :D He just seems like the best Dad of the tarantula hobby as well (if that makes sense hahaha). Hope to see him come back to the hobby or at least upload some more vids as actually I cant imagine he is not tending to his spiders as much as he is just not uploading :/

Jon3800 = 100% informative. great content. genuine love and respect for the animals he keeps translates as well. learned alot from him. Sidenote : Can we chip in and get him a camera set up please lol?

ETHER

Arachnopeon
hoo boy. @Venom1080 probably won't have a lot to say. :troll::rofl:

Jon3800. I used to think he knew so much-- back when I used to know so little.
I know what you mean, theres tid bits in everyones vids that you can gain from. I definitely so alot of cross checking all the info I take in. Alot of his seems a bit date but none the less I have picked up a few good bits from his vids.

ETHER

Arachnopeon
Deadly Tarantula Girl :troll:
The first vid I watched of her's "poked" me the wrong way as I saw her prodding a spider and doing a sketchy rehouse, but thats just my opinion.

also, nice name. TownesVanZandt is the reason I can believe there is good country out there haha..

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
also, nice name. TownesVanZandt is the reason I can believe there is good country out there haha..
Thanks, but the strange thing is that I'm not a big fan of Townes van Zandt or anything like that. I do like some of his songs but it's not something I listen to often. I just happened to be listening to one of his songs when I registered here and since I'm not at all creative when it comes to picking user names I just went with that :)

ETHER

Arachnopeon
Thanks, but the strange thing is that I'm not a big fan of Townes van Zandt or anything like that. I do like some of his songs but it's not something I listen to often. I just happened to be listening to one of his songs when I registered here and since I'm not at all creative when it comes to picking user names I just went with that :)
haha for sure, yea, I produce music with bass so its a rarity that I listen to anything like that myself. Still, gave me hope for country style music, especially being one of my favorite producers suggested I listen. :)