A few new pick ups today at the show

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bothriechis schlegelii, my first arboreal snake,no my first arboreal hot snake

Got a few other things as well will post more pics once they all settle in.

heatfreakk3

Arachnopeon
Pretty snake, was this at the San Antonio show today? I really wanted to go.. but I had a basketball game today :(

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pretty snake, was this at the San Antonio show today? I really wanted to go.. but I had a basketball game today :(
Why yes it was... not as big of show like back in June.But all the same all of the San Antonio shows are pretty awesome.

I could not sleep last night and was all wired up about the invent.I had one of those adrenaline hang overs after wards and still now,but I am sure I will sleep good tonight.{D

Last edited:

spinningspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice grab kevin. Keep the schlegelli in the 70's and keep it hydrated. It will do great for ya.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice grab kevin. Keep the schlegelli in the 70's and keep it hydrated. It will do great for ya.
Thanks! I am about to try and feed it ans extra small pinkie.This is my main concern of her being so tiny.Tinniest viper I ever kept.Got it from Glades herp farm and the man said it eats these pinks but you most tease feed from tongs.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
around 5" maybe but can strike almost full length of body will hanging to a branch with her tail

the toe cutter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah yes, the great little Eyelash Viper. If you have trouble with it eating they will also take pinks scented with fish pretty easily(yeah sounds funny for an arboreal but it really works) or just brain them. Most will eat from tongs their whole lives which is pretty awesome. And for hydration if it does not seem to like drinking from a bowl, use either a stream like squirt bottle and gently spray a small stream around the front of the lips or misting will work also. A few people I know use the little dripper thing for them to drink from whenever they are thirsty. A good plant choice for these guys in a tank is any Pothos and they are very hardy and cheap, but you will occasionally have to trim it back. They are very fragile as babies so be careful with it. Alot of people don't have too much luck with baby schlegeli's. On the great side, you chose the green and cinnamon color variation which is honestly my favorite. They look so great as adults. Good luck

Shrike

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You might want to get a lid for that enclosure ;)

Nice looking snake!

Alejandro45

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have worked around those before!! there fun little snakes and have a cottonmouth like behavior of gaping and showing their wide solid white mouths!

great arboreal snakes.