A few Amblypygids

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thought I'd share some pics taken today.

Heteroprhynus batesii
DSC_0012.JPG

Heterophrynus sp. from Colombia
DSC_0037.JPG

Acanthophrynus coronatus
DSC_0036.JPG

Phrynus longipes female with eggs
DSC_0051.JPG

Damon medius female
DSC_00451323.jpg

Damon diadema female
DSC_0024.JPG

Freshly molted Damon diadema male
DSC_0031.JPG

Euphrynichus bacillifer
DSC_0033.JPG

Extremely tiny Charinus israelensis
DSC_0017.JPG DSC_0023.JPG

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Very nice! Is the Charinus an adult? Also, how did you acquire such a recently described species (or were you working on the paper)?

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! Is the Charinus an adult? Also, how did you acquire such a recently described species (or were you working on the paper)?
No, they're babies apparently. I'm sure they won't get very big though. I actually acquired them from @wizentrop, who worked on that paper!

Wow, heck of a collection! Thanks for sharing all the images!
Thanks! Unfortunately, I'd have more if I didn't have such space constraints.

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
Charinus israelensis is actually very big as an adult for this genus. They reach the same size as some Phrynus species.

bigjej

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice. How about some setup photos? I am giving another attempt at keeping these. Just picked up a trio of tanzanians at Tinley Park.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice. How about some setup photos? I am giving another attempt at keeping these. Just picked up a trio of tanzanians at Tinley Park.
I used to have more elaborate enclosures with many pieces of cork to break up territories and provide hiding places for molting Amblypygids (did not work, by the way) in my communals, but have since separated nearly all of them due to some losses to cannibalism.

Now I pretty much have them individually in tall containers like in the pic below, but I've replaced most of the cork bark pieces with styrofoam sheets cut to size just because I can keep track of the animals better, and in the small space of the containers I'm afraid of crushing a panicking Ambly with a large, heavy piece of cork. Some have little water dishes, some don't. I've never been one of those hardcore advocates of water dishes.

IMG-20160824-WA0039.jpg IMG-20160824-WA0036.jpg