A fasciculata re-house

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
After several molts, these kids needed much more leg room, so b4 they hit their next molt, I decided it was time.

Old and new homes

No. 1 was quite shy and needed convincing/eviction notice.

No. 1 takes a sip in new digs

So stoked, No. 2 looking quite lady like

No. 3 held on tight

No. 3 hitting boundries

All done.

Man these kids are beautiful, I can't wait to see them in another two molts.
Enjoy

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like those setups; nice and simple. Do you have any problem with mold and bamboo? I've heard bad things about bamboo molding.

Last edited:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All three kids fed

Man these macros came out pretty cool.:D

PIG-

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I like those setups; nice and simple. Do you have any problem with mold and bamboo? I've heard bad things about bamboo molding.

The thing you have to avoid is the bamboo sitting directly in wet soil, These are suspended an quarter inch over the peat. Plus you have to insure that you have to have enough ventilation, water vapor will lead to mold.

I have two pieces in a P pulcher enclosure for about 8 months, and it has not molded. However initially, I had placed pieces directly in the peat, and they rotted and molded quickly.

PIG-

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was checking out the 4x4x7, but could an adult A. Avic stay in those or do I need a bit bigger?
Most A avic's hit close to 5", that would be a tight squeeze. If you're looking for an inexpensive solution, look at a 2.5 Gallon tank sold at most pet shops. Its cheap and will house your full grown avic easy.

Or wide mouth jars like these.
http://superiorenterprise.com/index.php?cPath=21

PIG-

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Roughly 2.5 hours and two of the three have hammocks already:D

Love these guys.

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The thing you have to avoid is the bamboo sitting directly in wet soil, These are suspended an quarter inch over the peat. Plus you have to insure that you have to have enough ventilation, water vapor will lead to mold.

I have two pieces in a P pulcher enclosure for about 8 months, and it has not molded. However initially, I had placed pieces directly in the peat, and they rotted and molded quickly.

PIG-
Good to know, thanks.

Those little guys got right to work, eh? It took my avic weeks to make anything usefull in there.