A.ezendami stridulating?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
So my female A.ezendami can be delivered any moment now and I was watching YouTube videos as a sort of foreplay.
I came across this video and was surprised to see what appears to be stridulating from this species. Now the specimen on question already way more defensive than I have seen them in other videos, but I had no idea they could/would do this. @cold blood @KezyGLA ?
Edit: forgot to include video:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
It's a highly defensive old world, if it can stidulate, it will stridulate. Grammostolas can stridulate, too, and they're a beginner genus.

Timc

Arachnosquire
I would stridulate too if somebody was poking me for what appears to be no reason like that.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Yep. They have the stridulating parts to have a nice hiss at you. Most baboon have this.

A. ezendami can be as defensive as any other baboon sp. which is particularly more common in WC specimens.

Congratz on the great new addition @Andrea82 :cigar::angelic::D

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
So my female A.ezendami can be delivered any moment now and I was watching YouTube videos as a sort of foreplay.
Ohhh, you do that too eh? :eek:
I binged tons of P. murinus videos before mine arrived. Great foreplay indeed! :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It's a highly defensive old world, if it can stidulate, it will stridulate. Grammostolas can stridulate, too, and they're a beginner genus.
Euhm.. @Moakmeister you know who I am right? And that I know about defensiveness of OW right? No need to spell it out for me. I was just surprised that THIS species stridulated because they seem to have a relatively calm (for a baboon) disposition.
@KezyGLA thank you! I just housed her and am pissed off because my phone only has potatocam...
She is absolutely stunning fantastic! I always like housings but with this lady my jaw dropped at seeing her intricate patterns on carapace and abdomen. The fluffyness of her feet..oh my..
Sorry @Chris LXXIX but I think I love this girl more than the Queen....

Lol. A year ago I said 'no baboons'. Now I'm like 'love love love!'.
Makes me wonder what next year brings :D

Edit: @Kendricks
Sorry, forgot to reply, was a little carried away...
Yes, I always do that before a new arrival. It actually starts when I am deciding to get a species or not...I'll just watch the same videos over and over until I get it :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I would stridulate too if somebody was poking me for what appears to be no reason like that.
Very true. Mine seemed more likely to run though. She was fairly calm, but I noticed she got agitated, fluttering her legs a little and become more nervous. I think if I touched her again she would've bolted. Good thing I didn't need to touch her again. :)

cold blood

Staff member
IME this is one of the least defensive baboon species..sure, they can be, but they are more often inclined to just sit still or walk into their burrow. I've raised a lot of these and have one single specimen that has ever shown a defensive posture...but that one did it all the time. I've also never heard one stridulate, although its of little surprise that they can...great species Andrea.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
@cold blood @KezyGLA ?
Edit: forgot to include video:
I laughed at "foreplay" you planning on spending some quality time with your A.ezendami? You realize foreplay means sexual activity that precedes intercourse... :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I laughed at "foreplay" you planning on spending some quality time with your A.ezendami? You realize foreplay means sexual activity that precedes intercourse... :D
And BANG! We have a winner ladies and gentlemen...:D
I just knew it was only a matter of time before someone's pervy side got the better of him or her...
I know that is usually a word reserved for sex, but I couldn't come up with another that meant the same so I left it :p

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
And BANG! We have a winner ladies and gentlemen...:D
I just knew it was only a matter of time before someone's pervy side got the better of him or her...
I know that is usually a word reserved for sex, but I couldn't come up with another that meant the same so I left it :p
Don't worry, your secrets safe with me. As long as no animals were harmed in the process... :D

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Augacephalus has a much calmer attitude than their Pterinochilus cousins. I wouldn't consider them highly defensive.

I also don't agree with "if it can stridulate, it will stridulate" either. I have never heard any of my spiders do it and 95% of my collection, past and present have stridulatory organs. I think it would be better to say "if it has them, it may decide to use them and yell at you."

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
As someone sent an ezendami today instead of an H-mac, can confirm. They stridulate.