A dream come true

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Illegal in California, I have been pining away for a ferret for over 5 years. Luckily, I can buy supplies in the ferret aisle at PetCo and PetSmart. Go figure.

Was flipping through the Recycler today, and I found my early birthday present, Lucy!!! Ain't she sweet?

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd personally never own a ferret, but damn, cute little guy (or girl?)

you live in moval too. i'm in riverside....unfortunately. haha

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
i'd personally never own a ferret, but damn, cute little guy (or girl?)

you live in moval too. i'm in riverside....unfortunately. haha
With a name like Lucy, she's gotta be all girl!!

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That is the face that you must love.. even after she's eaten 3 and a half pairs of shoes, chewed through innumerable "important" pooter cords, and marked your sofa in all four corners. Remember that, okay? She is ADORABLE! How can you not love that face? :D

Congratulations! Happy Birthday? umm... yeah! {D

P.s. If she needs any furnishings, such as hammies and tubes, etc. ...just PM me. I have furry critters here and am always making something cute. I wouldn't mind whipping up something for her to lounge around in.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Awww, what a nice offer! I purchased her from a private owner, so she came with everything she needed, although her hammock is a bit ratty. And I read something about a pouch you can carry them in? Too cute. Although I won't be taking her outside for fear of exposure and confiscation!!

They claim she really has no bad habits, refuses toys and only eats her brand of ferret chow. They say her main source of chewing and fun is a nice, plain plastic cup!! We'll see.....

But, yeah, that IS a face!

That is the face that you must love.. even after she's eaten 3 and a half pairs of shoes, chewed through innumerable "important" pooter cords, and marked your sofa in all four corners. Remember that, okay? She is ADORABLE! How can you not love that face? :D

Congratulations! Happy Birthday? umm... yeah! {D

P.s. If she needs any furnishings, such as hammies and tubes, etc. ...just PM me. I have furry critters here and am always making something cute. I wouldn't mind whipping up something for her to lounge around in.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last weekend I stayed with a friend who at most times had a cat, her 5 kittens, and a ferret out. She was tired of cleaning up after the 6 of them so she just put down newspaper and decided when the kittens go she will deep clean. The mess smelled sweet compared to that ferret's enchanting musk. Beware......:D

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow didn't know that they are illegal down there...
i don't see any threat a captive bred,domestic neutered ferret, who have never been taught how to hunt other creature, can pose to the wildlife

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live in Riverside too and I had some friends who had there ferrets taken away from them:( but there so cute i'd like to have 1 some day hehe

Needles666

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Interesting, didn't know they were illegal in Cali...

I had a ferret years ago, named Paco, he was hilarious, but they tend to smell even when descented, so had to bathe him weekly...

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I sure liked the one I had. They are sort of high-maintenance in the sense that you really gotta keep an eye on them, but they are also very rewarding, in my opinion.
And the scent? Never bothered me in the least. Mine had been fixed so the smell wasn't as prevalent, you practically had to sniff him to notice the musky smell. And even if I did just that, I never found it to be unpleasant. But then, I've never found the odor of skunk to be particularly offensive either. From a distance of course. Full strength is another story.

Be sure not to leave anything laying about that you may have an immediate need for. Car keys jump directly to mind. The things are as big of bandits as what they look like, in my experience.

Congratulations, you'll get years of entertainment from that rascal.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
MizM, I keep coming back to this thread just so I can look at little Lucy's sweet face. There's something in her eyes and the way she's holding her little mouth... almost a pout... like a child would. Thank goodness she's at your house and not mine! She would have me twisted around her little pinky toe and I'd be done for {D

Once she's settled in and you've had some time to get to know her, I'd love to see more pics of her being herself. She is adorable!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Photos? Did you say photos?! :rolleyes: Just happen to have a couple! ;)

The musky scent isn't entirely unpleasant. Kinda reminds me of the smell of the soft fur behind my German Shepherd's ears. Not a great smell, but not a horrible one either. They have deodorizers... if it get out of hand, I'll try those. The former owners heard that frequent baths were bad for them so she hand't been bathed in a year when I got her. Now THAT was bad!! Once every month or two won't harm them of course, but a YEAR!!:(

I make sure she gets 4 hours of playtime a day, and yes, she's already made a cache under the loveseat where she puts her stolen goods. Of course, her own toys are played with and left out in the open. OUR belongings, however, are made to be stashed. I haven't had so much fun since my kids were two years old!:D

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I want a ferret sooo bad! My boyfriend doesn't like them, though I don't see how. And I can't see your pics :(

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I care for the two ferrets at the pet store where I work. They are the sweetest things, I never like the critters until these two, one is an albino and the other is normal. I convinced the owner to only have them sold as a pair too, because they are completely inseperable. They have a three story cage, but cant even be on a different level from one another. When I am cleaning their cage I let each one sit on one of my shoulders, its really fun.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I care for the two ferrets at the pet store where I work. They are the sweetest things, I never like the critters until these two, one is an albino and the other is normal. I convinced the owner to only have them sold as a pair too, because they are completely inseperable. They have a three story cage, but cant even be on a different level from one another. When I am cleaning their cage I let each one sit on one of my shoulders, its really fun.
Awww, they are THE sweetest characters!

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Okay... that's just mean! I still can't see anything but little "pizza boxes" :rolleyes:

It sounds like she's having a blast, though. I want one!!

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
good luck with your ferrets just beware any small crack or nook in your house and they will find it!

so cute = )