A Door Just Opened

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Well, as I said, my parents are kind of Arachnophobes. So, as a joke, I said this-
Me: Hey dad, can I buy two tarantulas and breed them?
Dad: Yeah, sure, whatever.
Me: Woah, woah, wait. Are you serious?
Dad: Yeah, sure. As long as I don't have to get involved and you don't let them escape. How many babies do they have?
Me: I don't know. Maybe, like, 50 or something.
Dad: Just sell them and I'll be fine with it.
Me: I was just joking. But to be honest, can I get another tarantula?
Mom: You just got one.
Dad: It's your money. I'm okay with it.
Me: Can I get a guinea pig?
Dad & Mom: No.
Me: But I can get another tarantula.
Dad: Sure. Whatever. You know my Paypal, right?
Me: Um...yeah...

My dad doesn't believe in sarcasm; I think he was serious. So, which T should I get? I want one that gets big, (hopefully, but not required:) doesn't flick urticating hairs, isn't a G. Pulchra, is very easy to care for, is new world, and is kind of cheap. Any suggestions?

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Lasidora parahybana.They ckick hair but are easy to care for and get LARGE!

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Buy a pair of Avics and breed 'em.

You wouldn't want to lie to your parents, would you? :-D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm considering the G. Pulchripes. I like Avic Avic (pink-toed), but I heard it was hard to handle. By that, I was being literal. It's hard to handle; I saw some videos on Youtube of the pink-toeds constantly moving while being held. It's not like I will hold mine a lot, but I don't want to accidentally drop it when moving it to another home.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
instead of an LP I prefer Acanthoscurria geniculata....big, beautiful...luscious...along with the bigness you get a gigantic appetite...maybe a little temper... xD! and some flicking. But not much of a pet hole ;p well I guess depends on your spider ;)

First T' im getting when I move to Vancouver... I love their contrast...

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Acanthoscurria geniculata? This would seem like the perfect T. I love seeing them eat, the color is great, and I'm looking for one that is big. The only problem is the flicking, and that's no big deal. Where can I find one of those? What is the price?

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't know much about the US market. Although before you get too excited go get dizzy from reading ;)

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
And the bite of the tarantula has taken effect.
You know the only cure out there for tarantulitis is more tarantulas.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I was wondering what that bite on my arm was. Haha! Anyways, just for future notice, do you have any more Pulchra slings?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
LOL! Wow, this is cracking me up! Anyways, I prefer slings. I don't know why.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL! Wow, this is cracking me up! Anyways, I prefer slings. I don't know why.
Motherly instinct?

I prefer slings too. Mainly because I find it hard to justify spending inordinate amounts of money on a mature spider all at once. Watching animals grow as a result of your care is pretty cool too though.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Motherly instinct?

I prefer slings too. Mainly because I find it hard to justify spending inordinate amounts of money on a mature spider all at once. Watching animals grow as a result of your care is pretty cool too though.
But I'm a boy...anyways, I feel that slings are the perfect size, and you get to watch them grow into huge tarantulas. Lastly, slings aren't hard to ship and are cheap...and they're viciously small. I mean, small. BUT VICIOUS!!!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
But I'm a boy...anyways, I feel that slings are the perfect size, and you get to watch them grow into huge tarantulas. Lastly, slings aren't hard to ship and are cheap...and they're viciously small. I mean, small. BUT VICIOUS!!!
It is very fun to watch them grow. I am hooked on molts:drool: But the money you spend on mature females can be justified if you ever plan on breeding. And we all know breeding is fun!!;)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is very fun to watch them grow. I am hooked on molts:drool: But the money you spend on mature females can be justified if you ever plan on breeding. And we all know breeding is fun!!;)
Pairing is fun.. But nerve racking! Sitting there waiting to see if the female is actually looking at them male like he is a nice fat roach... Then BOOM.. Pairing no longer fun..

I think I have been pretty luck so far... (Knock on Wood!)

Then the time waiting.. Phew! Its bad! Wait for the egg sac to be dropped.. Wait to pull the egg sac to see if the eggs are good or bad... Then if they are good.. You have to wait until they molt to 1st instar...then 2nd instar..

Then the part that is even MORE fun.. Feeding all those little boogers! :D
Yeah.. That is fun!