A Door Just Opened

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
It is very fun to watch them grow. I am hooked on molts:drool: But the money you spend on mature females can be justified if you ever plan on breeding. And we all know breeding is fun!!;)
Yes, breeding is fun!...for the, uh, tarantulas, of course. Lol. Anyways, I just had my T for a couple of days. He/she just molted so I'm hoping to be able to experience a molt next month. Also, I want to get an Pink-toe now. The price is pretty cheap from Ken The Bug Guy and they don't flick urticating hairs.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Pairing is fun.. But nerve racking! Sitting there waiting to see if the female is actually looking at them male like he is a nice fat roach... Then BOOM.. Pairing no longer fun..

I think I have been pretty luck so far... (Knock on Wood!)

Then the time waiting.. Phew! Its bad! Wait for the egg sac to be dropped.. Wait to pull the egg sac to see if the eggs are good or bad... Then if they are good.. You have to wait until they molt to 1st instar...then 2nd instar..

Then the part that is even MORE fun.. Feeding all those little boogers! :D
Yeah.. That is fun!
Oh i know how that is. its like one step at a time! My p. murinus layed a sac. now its eggs w/ legs. i incubated it but mites got into them so i spooned them out 1 by 1 :wall::barf: now they are doing just fine. i cant wait until they are indestructable orange bitey things!! i got a bunch of crickets to breed so i can have pin heads. funny thing is that the eggs still havnt hatched (2weeks) but 3 of my T enclosures have had cricket infestations. I think they like to nest with my Ts:?

Yes, breeding is fun!...for the, uh, tarantulas, of course. Lol. Anyways, I just had my T for a couple of days. He/she just molted so I'm hoping to be able to experience a molt next month. Also, I want to get an Pink-toe now. The price is pretty cheap from Ken The Bug Guy and they don't flick urticating hairs.

As far as finding a pink toe. i seen one in the classifieds. it was a female for 25 bucks. idk if kenthebugguy has sexed females. maybe a local pet shop has an avic for you? That way you dont have to worry about shipping cost and dead arrivals.:D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
There isn't any pet store around here that carries anything other than the G.Roseas.

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
There isn't any pet store around here that carries anything other than the G.Roseas.
You're lucky to be in CA. There are tons of dealers/personal breeders out your way... just peruse the classifieds here. Much better than buying from an LPS (most of them), anyway.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lasidora parahybana.They ckick hair but are easy to care for and get LARGE!
One problem. Said he wanted to breed it and just told Dad they have something like 50. Lasiodora have WAY more than 50. {D

If you were on your own I would have said a Pokie (the bite is pretty bad, though), since they don't have all that many eggs and don't have urticating hairs but an avic or acanthoscurria might be better up your alley. I have a TINY A.brocklehursti myself. Looks like a geniculata with more red hairs once they get big.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
One problem. Said he wanted to breed it and just told Dad they have something like 50. Lasiodora have WAY more than 50. {D

If you were on your own I would have said a Pokie (the bite is pretty bad, though), since they don't have all that many eggs and don't have urticating hairs but an avic or acanthoscurria might be better up your alley. I have a TINY A.brocklehursti myself. Looks like a geniculata with more red hairs once they get big.
As I said, I'm not going to breed them. I just want a T. Anyways, I think It'd be good if I searched petfinder for a private breeder, I don't know how else to find them.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I know his Paypal, but whatever I charge, I have to pay for. With my money.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As I said, I'm not going to breed them. I just want a T. Anyways, I think It'd be good if I searched petfinder for a private breeder, I don't know how else to find them.
I'd just go through the classifieds. I've seen multiple ads there from CA based people with G. Pulchripes & all kinds of Avics. Order in state & just get them shipped priority, or go pick them up if the person is close enough :)

I don't think you could go wrong with either, both are lovely Ts!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I'm really thinking about getting an A. Versicolor. Amazing coloration...