A.diversipes paired!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sooooo happy.... We received a MM,and a 3.5-3.75 inch female a couple of weeks ago from a member of the boards.Today,Kelly(the wife) decided it was as good a time as any to pair them up. What a nightmare. The MM is VERY defensive,and likes to run laps around our apt. But all in all,he did what he was born to do;he manhandled that little female and ran like heck. Fingers and toes crossed that he got the job done..Tried to get pics,and vid,but we failed.Going to pair them again tomo,and try to get footage of them going at it.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats and good luck. Diversipes are stunning and we always need more in the hobby.

Matt

REAPER591

Arachnopeon
Congrats! Definitely put me down for a few of these little guys if all goes well :D I'm sure by then those dozen A. Metallicas will be grown up a little and I'll have the itch for some slings again {D

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Keep an eye on that female. When it comes to females, they are mean as <edit>.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
AH COME ON!!!

This is one of my favorite Avis, you breed them and we don't get any pics:mad::mad::mad:

I am
with envy!!!

Good luck, and please keep us posted, man I wish I were you now;P

PIG-

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks everyone. WARPIG,I know,I totally fail with footage,but we do not have a good camera,only an ultra wack cell phone camera :( We are going to pair them today,and pray that neither get eaten/killed,as yesterdays session was the most violent spider sex we have ever seen.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well guys,they are paired again,with zero interest from the female...The male approaches,and she BOOKS.Is this a good sign? I sure as heck hope so.My wife and I are Avicularia FREAKS.By far our favorite genus.Getting more of these out there for other hobbyists is our main goal,as they are such amazing spiders.Avic like,but then again NOTHING like an avic..If that makes any sense!Wish us luck everyone;our fingers and toes are crossed........