A day at the zoo

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Went to Skansen Akvariet here in Stockholm, a public terrarium/aquarium with some mammals aswell....

First , the crocodile pond

Cuban crocodile

Dart frog terrarium

Alligator snapping turtle

And some snakes....

Botriechis schlegeli, eyelash viper

Morelia viridis, green tree python

Calloselasma rhodostoma, malayan pitviper

Gila

Scorpion

And the saltwater tank XXL

/Lelle

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Part II

A visitor... bored to death?

And another one... a swedish primate

Its cousin outside the building, baboons

And some meerkats, really cool animals

/Lelle

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome pics! The Eyelash Viper & Chondro are sweet! :D

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
awesome pictures lelle, i love the meerkat picture, probably because meerkats are among my favourite animals :)

Mori

Sequin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great Pics:O Green python is a doll! that pink lizard is crazy! how big was it?
~Meagan~

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sweet pics! I love going to zoos but don't get to do it very often. I have a digicam and a portable tripod I carry around when I go. They key is getting good shots through glass which can sometimes be dificult. You did a great job with your pics though!

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well...

If it weren't for the result of the game today I'd say the Swedish primate was my favorite. ;P

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wondering isn't it cuban alligator? aren't all American's call those alligators?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Very nice!

I "love" all those primates :D

I'd love to go there some day!!!

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crocodylus rhombifer.... considered one of the most endangered new world croc species there is.

Last edited:

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Great shots, Lelle. The scorpion is a Hadogenes sp. -- probably H.troglodyte, but it is obviously impossible to tell without closer inspection.

For those concerned about shooting through glass, it is good to invest in a polarizing filter if your camera will accept one. I have a rotary polarizing filter which, when rotated, can accomodate for most lighting situations and glass. It is also very useful for shooting through water, though wavey water still presents a challenge. Basically, it only accepts light in certain orientations and can eliminate glare. The other useful thing to carry around with you is some glass cleaner and a rag so that you can remove the forehead and hand smudges from the kid that was just there and take the shot through glass that is clean on at least one side.

Cheers,
Dave

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cuban croc is very cool. I love watching the pair at the zoo near me. Its amazing that these guys can be the most terrestrial of the croc family with all that damn weight they carry.
Mike

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
People consistently call me crazy for this, but I'd love to have an alligator snapper someday. They're ugly as homemade sin but there's someting really primeval about them, guess that's why I think they're so neat.

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
moricollins said:
awesome pictures lelle, i love the meerkat picture, probably because meerkats are among my favourite animals :)

Mori
Have you ever been to Palm Springs? I went to my mom's friends house in the desert and there is a meerkat place. It is the only place in the US with meerkats privately owned. You go into their enclosure and feed them mealworms. They are sooo cute, but they didnt really like to be touched a whole lot. I was able to get one on my hand for a little while, but they just want their food. Timon from the Lion King is based on one of their meerkats. Here is their website. Visit if u can! http://www.meerkats.com

GQ.

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Excellent post Lelle. I really like that chondro. Great stuff. :)

-G