A couple of Jumper photos

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Nothing fancy, just the stock lens and a couple different extension tubes.
Right. Photographers like you need to be caught, shot, strangled, mutilated, and forced to listen to G W Bush's old election propaganda for a decade.
I just cleaned out 12mp of shots from a camera then deleted the ones out of focus. Ended up with 22 pics.

(But a nice irony came from that. I'm not weeping in regret from deleting 130+ shots of my out of focus sis in law breast feeding her out of focus baby.)

I still can't grasp how you pros get the depth of field worked out. I'm blaming some mental debility on my part.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Right. Photographers like you need to be caught, shot, strangled, mutilated, and forced to listen to G W Bush's old election propaganda for a decade.
I just cleaned out 12mp of shots from a camera then deleted the ones out of focus. Ended up with 22 pics.

(But a nice irony came from that. I'm not weeping in regret from deleting 130+ shots of my out of focus sis in law breast feeding her out of focus baby.)

I still can't grasp how you pros get the depth of field worked out. I'm blaming some mental debility on my part.
Good photographers are often asked all about their cameras and, while a good camera is definitely a plus, it's easy to forget that photography is a skill and an art form. At least for me it's easy to forget. Beautiful work!

The Snark

Old Timer
Good photographers are often asked all about their cameras and, while a good camera is definitely a plus, it's easy to forget that photography is a skill and an art form.
Grasp this. I'm pretty competent in more than a few fields. But in photography, I SUCK. Just as I do as an artist. I can't even get normal proportion on a stick figure-> 'Didn't know you were into aliens'.
So that bit needs a little emphasizing.
(Plus I always get enthralled, even amazed, when an artist or photographer cranks out something I couldn't even see. WTF? WOW!

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I can't even get normal proportion on a stick figure
My husband is like that. When it comes to art and even handwriting, his hands do not get along with his mind. He's a natural at sports, cooking and lots of other stuff that require hand eye coordination. (He can do the cool pizza dough toss and everything). Apparently, it has something to with his dyslexia. Weird.

The Snark

Old Timer
My husband is like that. When it comes to art and even handwriting, his hands do not get along with his mind. He's a natural at sports, cooking and lots of other stuff that require hand eye coordination. (He can do the cool pizza dough toss and everything). Apparently, it has something to with his dyslexia. Weird.
Apologies to the OP. Not meaning to hijack this thread here but wish to explore this. Dyslexia, possibly, or as my left handed artist ex wife thought, I am too left brained.
Whatever the cause it is intriguing in that ... brain clogging up here.
Okay, I've know a quite a few photographers, some top flight professionals. One a regular contributor to National Geographic. They know, are aware, there is a lot of skill and extensive comprehension behind their masterpiece photos, but they seem to not even be able to relate to people like me that are just plain photography challenged. Similar to a 'normal' person being unable to fully comprehend and empathize with an extreme dyslexic, autistic or Down person. Drastic differences in how our brains function.
This make sense?

One excellent example comes to mind. Take Ronnie O'Sullivan. Genius + smooker player. He is cross modal. Ambidextrous and able to use both sides of his brain on conscious command. As his being able to shoot right handed while using his left eye and visa versa. Brain functions beyond the pedestrian abilities.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
it seems that in most cases, the brain has a balance to maintain. Those that excel beyond the norm in one way, will usually be left behind in others. I once read a book about a man that was an electronics genius. He worked with electric guitars and sound equipment. The stuff he did was mind blowing. He had severe aspergers. Couldn't read social cues at all and did not understand others. As he got older, he learned how to deal with social situations, but lost his ability to do the kind of stuff he used to with electronics. Really interesting read. The book is called Look Me in the Eye. Sorry, I don't remember the authors name.

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight

I'm no photographer. lol! Just a hobbyist that enjoys taking pictures. Nothing less, nothing more.