A Couple of Interisting Factors of Lasiodorides polycuspulatus

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_3700.JPG IMG_3710.JPG I have brother and sister Lasiodorides polycuspulatus I've raised them from when they were baby slings. Female has been growing quicker and has molted always first than the male. Female is is one molt ahead of the male and the female is 4.5" inches and her brother is 4" inches. In most cases the male out grows the female of the same bloodline, in these case it has been quite the opposite. Both I feed heavily but the female always pulls ahead of her brother. These is a slow growing species but long lived.

The other interesting factor is that the male has a darker carapace and on the tibia than of his sister, maybe he's just the black sheep/odd one of the family. I don't know if all immature males polycuspulatus are the same in appearance as mine I just thought I point out his appearance compare of his sister. These photos were taken two weeks after they molted female molted months ago the male just a little bit over two weeks ago.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Mi amigo! I was interested in getting this species a while back. What type of growth rate have you been observing?

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Ohhh great another one to add to my wish list. And here I thought the venom was the only dangerous thing about this hobby. Turns out the wish list is dangerous at least it is when the wife sees the length of it. :angelic:

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ohhh great another one to add to my wish list. And here I thought the venom was the only dangerous thing about this hobby. Turns out the wish list is dangerous at least it is when the wife sees the length of it. :angelic:
Oh this species is a must. If anyone really loves this hobby this is a tarantula that you shouldn't pass up on. One of the longest live tarantulas in the world.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Picked up one of these this month, a female and it's one of the few I'm actually keeping growth records of.

The one on the left.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Here's my female now 5 months later, how many molts left until I can start trying to pair her up?