A couple of crabs

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's the mate for the first one, Misumena vatia:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/205127

The second spider looks like Coriarachne sp. or Bassianana sp. I can't see your specimen well enough to say which it is, but if you can look at it under a microscope the way to distinguish between the two is the long carapace hairs are pointed in Coriarachne, and blunt in Bassaniana.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Thanks, John. I found a male last weekend, but no boxing gloves:(

BiologicalJewels

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Boy oh boy, I certainly wish you the best with the male maturing soon... your female is a beauty ;)

OR

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice, love those lil crabbies. That second one looks a little thirsty!

TheTyro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've always wanted to find one like the girl at top...but it seems all I have are tannish ones. I think I mighta seen one of the white/green/yellow ones but it was really small...

the males, I think i've seen a few like him.

Those are some nice up close pictures on the bottom! Crab spiders look like frogs to me. Frogs with lotsa legs.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
I've always wanted to find one like the girl at top...but it seems all I have are tannish ones. I think I mighta seen one of the white/green/yellow ones but it was really small...

the males, I think i've seen a few like him.

Those are some nice up close pictures on the bottom! Crab spiders look like frogs to me. Frogs with lotsa legs.
I'll keep an eye out for you and bring it to W.I.T.S.(how's that for motivation?) I have a friend with a huge daisy patch where I found many females. They're also spotted on goldenrod and buttercups.