A cool set up at a pet store

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here is a cool saltawter set up at ground level at a pet store near me. I never knew stingrays would let you touch them.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
nice setup!
I went to the Caymen Islands a few years ago, and got to swim with the stingrays. What an experience! Some of the females were HUGE. They were used to people feeding them, so they'd come right up to you looking for a handout. There were so many, that sometimes you'd accidentally step on one (the water was approx 4' deep). Nobody got stung, but it was rather disconcerting!
Anyway, didn't mean to go off topic, but I really like those stingrays :)

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I was at the Baltimore aquarium a while back and I got to pet some rays. Pretty cool. I dont really like swimming with em thoguh.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I have been too the Baltimore aquarium a bunch of times I only live about 45 minutes from there.

Cooper

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
one of the petstores bear where I live have freshwater stingrays.........now thta would be COOL!!!

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looking at the first picture i was about to say, um... those are horse shoe crabs... then i went down to the next pick :rolleyes:

nice little setup tho... :D

-Joshua

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I was going to say the same :p

I'm jealous. The petstore here isn't THAT bad (It's better than say, petco) But it's fairly dirty and has no cool displays like that.

And I'm definently jealous of Holley -- I'm a huge fanatic about the ocean and absolutely love rays of any kind. I'd give my legs and arms (After I got to do it, of course...otherwise it would be pointless) to go swimming with manta rays or just about any other ray/skate.

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yay for petting Rays!

We've been to the aquariums in Corpus Christi and in Houston and both had a little Ray petting tank. I don't know if all rays sting but I doubt that they would let little kids touch them if they did.

This is undoubtedly my son's favorite part of the aquariums. He loves sharks and rays(and jellyfish and octopi and groupers and barracudas and crabs, etc.) We always spend hours there while he touches them again and again and again. Here is proof.....he gets soaked and practically falls in just trying to touch them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah.. they had a ray tank at one of the aquariums here, and they said that they trim the sting... apparently it will grow back?