A. chalcodes sling has its molt stuck...

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My A. chalcodes sling just molted and has its molt stuck to the underside of its abdomen. It is about 1/3 inches. Should I just leave it be and let it try to work it off? It is just dragging it around now.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My A. chalcodes sling just molted and has its molt stuck to the underside of its abdomen. It is about 1/3 inches. Should I just leave it be and let it try to work it off? It is just dragging it around now.
I would leave it be

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
ive got a B.smithi that also has a piece stuck to its abdomen,but on the upper side.Dosent seem to bother it
and it moves just fine,and eats with no issues.
I'm opting to just leave it be.I don't think there is anything you could do anyway with a little sling.
I would think if all legs are free and mouth parts are unaffected,it would be just fine until the next molt.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
If it's stuck underneath the abdomen then you need to make sure its not covering up its book lungs. If so then wait until the sling is safe enough to move and put it in a moist ICU for about half an hour to help moisten the old skin then put it back into its enclosure. Hopefully as the sling walks around it'll knock it free. If the skin isn't covering up the lungs then I wouldn't worry too much unless you see complications.